Want to get ya thoughts

Hey y'all, would love to get ya thoughts. I have been at my company for about 10 years. I moved into a new department recently. I had lunch with my new boss of the department before I started. Anyways, I brought up at the end of my probation review that we should get caught up for lunch. She said that her schedule was tough, but would try a few weeks ago.

Today, she asked that instead of lunch that we go out for dinner. I mightily agreed. I think I have been noticing other things recently as well, but cant put my brain on it in terms of signals (compliments and stares).

Now, I have never went out to dinner like that and just want to get ya thoughts. Am I reading too much? Don't get me wrong, I won't mind if it goes either way, if ya know what I mean, but just want to prepared on how it goes.

Much obliged from one confused fella down in Georgia for any advise.

• Like 1

It is hard to know if you are reading too much into it. I am confused. Is this your old boss or new one? If she is your current boss it is probably best to keep things professional.

• Author

Thanks for the response. It is a new boss. I understand what ya saying also. I do thank ya kindly for ya thoughts. I want to see how it goes. I was just curious if someone just decides to go for dinner all of sudden, along with other signs, could mean something.

It was probably only time constraints that made her suggest dinner instead. You would be best off not to get romantically involved with your boss. It never ends well for the one lower on the totem pole, and think of that the odds are that it would last any length of time to even be worth it.