She says she doesnt like me at all

I feel so blindsided :(. I never had anyone outright just say something like this to me before. Um...I had people be mean to me a lot but to actually have a girl say it really really feels bad. My heart was pounding so hard I had to go hide & calm myself in private so no one can see me sweat. It happened today when I was talking with coworkers at break time & this girl that sometimes comes in & has breaks with us chatted with one of my buddies but she ignored me like I wasn't even there & she's done this stuff before u know. I didn't think much on it 'cause we was never introduced & she doesn't know me but when I was sent to get some documents from her upstairs she ignored me while I was trying to talk to her about the documents. I raised my voice & said 'excuse me, miss?" I said this 'cause she wouldn't look at me when I spoke to her & that's when she tells me not to say anything to her & I ask her why & she tells me she doesn't like me that's why :(. I ask her what did I do to her & she says she just don't want me talking to her at all & then she tosses the documents at me & walks off. I feel so sick over this now & don't wanna go into work tomorrow. I just don't know how to get past this.

Kat, I'm willing to be she doesn't like a lot of people. It's not you.

There are ornery women everywhere.

Take a deep breath, go do something to take your mind off it, and go in tomorrow. If you don't, it will be harder the next day.

Not everyone is going to like you, that's life. I like you, so hang in there!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 5
amaysngrace

Some people have mean bones but feel sorry for her if you can. It takes a truly sad person to be so cruel.

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

• Like 4

Look you have to do business with her, and she has just been really mean and told you not to talk to her, so I really think you need to report this in writing to your immediate supervisor.

• Like 3
whichwayisup
I feel so blindsided :(. I never had anyone outright just say something like this to me before. Um...I had people be mean to me a lot but to actually have a girl say it really really feels bad. My heart was pounding so hard I had to go hide & calm myself in private so no one can see me sweat. It happened today when I was talking with coworkers at break time & this girl that sometimes comes in & has breaks with us chatted with one of my buddies but she ignored me like I wasn't even there & she's done this stuff before u know. I didn't think much on it 'cause we was never introduced & she doesn't know me but when I was sent to get some documents from her upstairs she ignored me while I was trying to talk to her about the documents. I raised my voice & said 'excuse me, miss?" I said this 'cause she wouldn't look at me when I spoke to her & that's when she tells me not to say anything to her & I ask her why & she tells me she doesn't like me that's why :(. I ask her what did I do to her & she says she just don't want me talking to her at all & then she tosses the documents at me & walks off. I feel so sick over this now & don't wanna go into work tomorrow. I just don't know how to get past this.

She's an unprofessional twit. Tell her you don't care if she likes you or not but she better learn some manners when it comes to work related documents and work related issues, she can't just throw paperwork at you and storm off. that's childish.

She is NOT a nice person, this has nothing to do with you so please as much as it hurts, don't let her ruin you. I know it's easier said than done but if you can rise above it and face her one more time to let her know what I suggest above.

I'm sorry that you're shaken up by this.

• Like 1

Definitely do what preraph said. If the roles were reversed you'd be in your boss's office tomorrow morning. Since you have to work with her I'd get a supervisor involved and document every interaction you have with her.

• Like 1

She has no business speaking to you like that. How downright rude of her to behave so unprofessionally. I would report it to her manager. Crazy woman she is.

• Like 1
  • Author
She's an unprofessional twit. Tell her you don't care if she likes you or not but she better learn some manners when it comes to work related documents and work related issues, she can't just throw paperwork at you and storm off. that's childish.

She is NOT a nice person, this has nothing to do with you so please as much as it hurts, don't let her ruin you. I know it's easier said than done but if you can rise above it and face her one more time to let her know what I suggest above.

I'm sorry that you're shaken up by this.

Sorry haven't been around a few days. Lots of work & stuff. I'm gonna have to report her asap cause now she got a guy friend involved & he's been calling me names now & the girl finds this stuff funny so its harassment I think. I just don't know why this happening suddenly. I'm a good quiet guy.

Mind-Chants

Don't give insignificant people rent free space in your mind.

Already suggested by others, document the incident. Your new disclosure of name calling definitely violates HR rules. My only suggestion is that focus primarily on professional aspect and then give secondary focus to your personal self. Make things as detailed as possible. Any passive behavior in past where she was needed for your task completion and she didn't contribute - include them too. Include every details which you could think. While sending to HR, copy a mail to your reporting boss (if s/he is cooperative).

todreaminblue

sorry this happened to you....its not you .....its all her.....for whatever reason she said what she said...its no reflection on you....seems like playground mentality...interact with the people who are friendly....im going to say something that seems strange and probably not many would agree with me...

when you pass her smile at her.......dont expect anything back......or friendliness from her.....let her feel her words are of no consequence to who you are and how you interact...even if you feel devastated and want to run and hide......straighten that back of yours hold your head up and smile...exude confidence....project confidence....and you will feel that in your self eventually............friendliness rubs off on others....i have had to do this...and it works...it worked for me.....and i move on...you have to move on from this.....never let anyone single person.....make you feel less than you are...hold your head up....thousand watt smile.....you are more than what she has given you a chance to show........best wishes......deb.........

• Like 1
whichwayisup

Keep you cell phone handy and when you see her (or him) coming your way, press record.

That woman is bully and the guy who now is treating you poorly is her minion and probably also a bully. I can't believe sometimes how cruel some people are, especially adults acting like children.

• Like 3

Remain cordial and professional in response and mannerisms.

Met the back stabbers and mean spirited. They won't change, yet you can change how you "react" to them. I usually was brief and aloof. It was a win win. They did't have time to tear me down if I moved along with a smile on my face.

Sorry that this scenario impedes on your well being...

• Author
Remain cordial and professional in response and mannerisms.

Met the back stabbers and mean spirited. They won't change, yet you can change how you "react" to them. I usually was brief and aloof. It was a win win. They did't have time to tear me down if I moved along with a smile on my face.

Sorry that this scenario impedes on your well being...

I'm doing pretty okay now. I talk to one of my coworkers & she told me it's cause people seem to like me at work & kid with me & the meanie girl doesn't understand why. I don't know but I think its best to just ignore her & she hasn't said anything else but the guy is trying to annoy me but I wont be bothered with him. I just stick with those that are nicer to me u know.