Is it me or is this guy becoming a pain?

I'm hoping it's just me but I just cant tell right now. Let's go over some of the specifics of what happened. I started contracting work earlier this year at this company and there's only about 7-8 people on staff. One of the interns there had just finished his residency and is now employed full-time. During some of our interactions, he's taken a liking to me (bromantically) and has been telling me lots of stories about his life, without me asking, and his failed relationships with past girlfriends who have thrown him out of the house, etc.

He's now changed his agenda to only seeking virgins all of a sudden, which is partially disturbing to me because he's 25 (still young yes) and only wants the girls to be between the ages of 17&20, because the higher probability of them being a virgin, so he assumes.

But the real issue I want to get on with said guy is this: besides this problem, he's been bugging me every morning by text to pick him up and take him to work, simply because I pass his block on my way to the job.

Now, we did discuss occasional lifts if I pass and happen to spot him, or pick him up after work if we get off around the same time, but I feel like said guy has taken this thing to a whole new level, like wanting me to wait for him to get off work so I can take him home, or pressuring me to get drinks down at the local bars, which I don't feel like doing in his presence.

Again this morning he was texting and texting for me to pick him up and I'm half asleep telling him I won't be in today and suggesting he take the bus. He goes "oh come on man, just pick me up, then you can go back home." This is a regular practice with him now every day, whether I work that day or not.

Any advice on what to do with this guy without creating any animosity since I have to see him at the job on a regular basis? Also, he keeps on coming into work even on his days off, telling the boss he really needs the money, even though he's back at home with his mother after being thrown out by an ex.

Other than that he's a very nice person who always wants to share his lunch with me lol.

• Author
I'm hoping it's just me but I just cant tell right now. Let's go over some of the specifics of what happened. I started contracting work earlier this year at this company and there's only about 7-8 people on staff. One of the interns there had just finished his residency and is now employed full-time. During some of our interactions, he's taken a liking to me (bromantically) and has been telling me lots of stories about his life, without me asking, and his failed relationships with past girlfriends who have thrown him out of the house, etc.

He's now changed his agenda to only seeking virgins all of a sudden, which is partially disturbing to me because he's 25 (still young yes) and only wants the girls to be between the ages of 17&20, because the higher probability of them being a virgin, so he assumes.

But the real issue I want to get on with said guy is this: besides this problem, he's been bugging me every morning by text to pick him up and take him to work, simply because I pass his block on my way to the job.

Now, we did discuss occasional lifts if I pass and happen to spot him, or pick him up after work if we get off around the same time, but I feel like said guy has taken this thing to a whole new level, like wanting me to wait for him to get off work so I can take him home, or pressuring me to get drinks down at the local bars, which I don't feel like doing in his presence.

Again this morning he was texting and texting for me to pick him up and I'm half asleep telling him I won't be in today and suggesting he take the bus. He goes "oh come on man, just pick me up, then you can go back home." This is a regular practice with him now every day, whether I work that day or not.

Any advice on what to do with this guy without creating any animosity since I have to see him at the job on a regular basis? Also, he keeps on coming into work even on his days off, telling the boss he really needs the money, even though he's back at home with his mother after being thrown out by an ex.

Other than that he's a very nice person who always wants to share his lunch with me lol.

Still hoping to get some feedback from some people. I'm sure many on here have dealt with similar situations.

I know what this is like 'cause some of my coworkers are a pest & try to take advantage of me so maybe u leave the job since u only contract there u know & dont be so nice next time.