What if your supervisor is into you?

I need advise on how to handle my relationship with one of my professors that might be my supervisor for my final papers. My professor is about 10 years older than me, not married, tall, ok looking guy.

The thing is I think my professor might be attracted to me - and I know that sounds corny, cause its more common that the attraction is the other way around and more imagined from the student, but he has done some things that I think of as weird. Like he toches me when we are alone, he has called me to his office after opening hours of the school, looks at my body when he thinks I am not looking + other stuff. In my school there is no reglement saying a professor can't have sex with his students, so it is different than if it was in a school that had such reglement...

Anyways I am not sure what to do about this. It is important for me that he has a positive impression of me, he might be my supervisor for finals and all, but I have a boyfriend ..

I somewhat have an appointment to meet with him alone at his office in the week to come, but don't know how to handle myself or what to do if he like tries to make it intimate....

If he wants to get intimate you would say you are in a relationship. In the meantime, take advantage of the easy A.

• Like 1
brothers343

I wouldn't **** where a I work or with a professor. The stain may never leave. If you know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious how you know that he is looking at your body if you're not looking...

This sounds more like wishful feeling than concern about unwanted advances.

Why not ask your bf what he thinks you should do?

• Like 1

I would make sure to keep it out in public in places where there are other students and faculty around when possible. In college I had a TA to make unwanted advanced towards me so I totally understanding being uncomfortable about it. My BTDT experience is don't linger after class, go anywhere outside of class activities, etc. with him or he may mistake it as interest or a date. Also have you BF walk you to class a few times so he sees you're not available.

In the same way the business world has largely implemented regulations against boss/subordinate relationships, most reputable colleges and universities have also followed with strict fraternization rules.

These rules aren't just to protect the subordinate but also the supervisor and especially the employer from charges of sexual harassment, undo influence, etc.

Many companies have had to pay settlements for the poor choices and behaviours of their employees. In the post-secondary system, the days of professors sleeping with a continuous supply of young women, 10,20,30,40 years younger then them has pretty much gone the way of the dodo.

Your professor has a job that he is being paid for, and it is not to use his position to sleep with you. His job is to teach and grade you. If he is foolish enough to continue with his advances, he is putting his career on the line. All it takes is for you to say that you felt coerced because he held your grade and future in his hands, and he's done for. You won't come off much better.

You have a boyfriend, be faithful, and ignore this foolish man. Sleeping with a teacher at any age is going to result regret.

• Author

I have kind of postponed the problem and just avoided to go to his Office after i made this post and also I havn't been to class either, but that is mostly due to other circumstances and it has nothing to do With him. This course is starting to get harder now, and it would have been Nice With his help...

Maybe you are also right, and it might just be imagined.

Have your bf pick you up from class so that your professor sees him. Give your bf a long kiss right in front of your prof. That should discourage him.

• Author
Have your bf pick you up from class so that your professor sees him. Give your bf a long kiss right in front of your prof. That should discourage him.

thanks for the advice :). My bf Works far from my School during daytime :(

• Author

So after stopping to go to class for a few weeks now and staying away from his Office for a long time, I finally went to his Office because I really needed help With some of the assignments. I sent him an email asking if I could drop by and he answered it a few minutes later, giving me 2 alternatives to drop by the same day.

When I got there he seemed strange, and nervous. And he asked me alot of personal questions he has never done before. (they weren't really that personal, more like questions you ask if you are interested in a person)

Then he said at least 5 times, that he thougth I would do very well on the exam and when I left he wished me good Luck on the exam. Isnt that kind of odd, when it is over a month untill that exam and we still have like a lot of classes left?