Marketing to males

I started a new job in marketing a website and I am having great success getting ladies to join however I am having a lot of problem getting men to join the website. Can someone please give me some suggestions.

I am an attractive female and this is totally the opposite problem I thought I would have ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

Thea

Edited by Thea Queen
  • Author

Thanks for the reply. It is domestic and international dating and visa forums and processing. I am currently using adwords, constant contact and some print but nearing the end of my budget. Getting desperate and running out of ideas.

I was able to get 500 girls in a week but only 100 guys I don't get it ... UGH ! ...

I feel you have understated the problem here so it would be very difficult for someone to suggest you something. If u can give a detailed situation maybe people could help.

Doubts in my mind - who are the target group, what is the advertising channel, strategy u have already used etc etc.

Also put your personal evaluation about why this trend is there ???

thefooloftheyear

My guess is that they(guys) are wise to the Russian bride scam and maybe this is a similar type deal?...

but I dunno....Not enough info...

TFY

• Like 1
Thanks for the reply. It is domestic and international dating and visa forums and processing. I am currently using adwords, constant contact and some print but nearing the end of my budget. Getting desperate and running out of ideas.

I was able to get 500 girls in a week but only 100 guys I don't get it ... UGH ! ...

What is the benefit of a male going to your website over your competitors?

What problems does your site address that your competitors fail to?

You might want to do talk to some guys and find out their biggest gripes with dating sites.

The biggest complaint that I hear is that online dating is a numbers game that grossly favors women. Unless you address their concerns your product is simply a horse of another color.

She said domestic and international.

Dating websites highly favour women. Most of the messages there are from males to females, not vice versa. If you look at the statistics even the hottest guy doesn't get as much email as a regularly-attractive girl, and the hottest girls versus the hottest guys get totally trounced, like 200 to 1.

I've been checking pof which surprises me but honestly I have little interest in joining another website or using my current one. If I got 10 messages/month or something that would probably change, but from the article I read even the hottest guys only get 20 msgs/month. I think this is just a function of your market - your product is more appealing to woman than it is to men. Your taking it too personally thinking its something to do with your selling technique.

I'd also check with other salesmen/woman to see what their experiences are. Its possible they hire attractive woman knowing the deficit is there and hope that will do something to resolve it.

Marketing to men involves value action words. Demonstrate clear value in the product.

A trial period doesn't hurt.

How Amazon hooked me years ago....I've been a customer since 1998, ironically my first purchase was a 250.00 Russian language course to, wait for it, date Russian women. :D

The bottom line was ease of use, competitive pricing, speedy delivery and no nonsense customer service after the fact. Over a few hundreds thousand dollars in purchases, the few times I've had issues, CS is back to me within minutes to hours and goes above and beyond. That's value.

How you translate that to your marketplace is up to you. The agencies I used in Russia didn't nickel and dime me to death, offered services at a competitive price and followed up on things. If you're working that marketplace there are forums which owners frequent and whose users specialize in that market, international dating. IMO that'll be your best source of information. Try 'RWD (russian)' for FSU/CIS stuff if you're in that market.

Good luck!