getting crapped on at work

So I work at a clinical research job. My job is to check inclusion criteria for patients to be in studies.

We have a woman who calls patients and brings them in by pre screening them.

She has sent me numerous patients who are unsuitable ones with cancers ones who are on blood thinners etc since she has no medical background.

Recently a patient got to the end stages of screening and was sent for an mri and pet scan as part of screening. Two days before he was put in the study I caught the fact that this guy was on a new medication that wasnt stable at screening and we could not continue. I basically saved our companys butt from a huge mistake.

When this woman pre screened the patient she blew past the page that said the patient had recently been prescribed this medication and the doctor even noted it on the form. When confronted with making this mistake she made up three different lies to excuse herself.

She then took it out on me...when I was the one who saved her butt!!!! I am so mad

this woman who screws up this prescreener is the most undetailed person ive ever met and I took all of the blame for this. How is this fair...

this woman who screws up this prescreener is the most undetailed person ive ever met and I took all of the blame for this. How is this fair...

Is the job responsibilities for your position and her position defined ? I mean if medication history evaluation is under her role, then there is no need to take the blame. Don't self scrape-goat yourself. In future u may have to take blame and responsibility for similar mistakes.

• Like 1

Pfft.

She'll be fired soon enough.

I'd definitely bring this to other people's attention any time it happens saying you can't work in these conditions.

She's really doing a lousy job...

• Author

Hi everyone

yes its her role to make sure they qualify at screening. The one criteria she is to check is that the patient has been on a stable dose of certain meds for eight weeks before being screened. The sheet that was sent to her said from the doctor this patient just started taking these meds may not meet this criteria...... she made up about three or four lies all of which were found to be not true which I found evidence of.. then in my checks I found the mistake.....

• Like 1

Since you found evidence, I'd put that together in a written report and tell them, "I used personal time to prepare this because in our field of work, it's important to know where mistakes are originating."

She made up lies about the patients? So these are not mistakes, this is fraud. Does she get paid by the number of people she brings in? You need to tell people what you know, otherwise you're part of it.

• Author

She does get paid if she brings in a large number of patients and she is skimming important details. Ive already brought it to the forefront. She told lies to save herself from trouble. This was a huge mistake.... not only did she ask the patient this question but it was written in black and white that the patient was on an exclusionary medication. Thank GOD I found it.

my boss is personal friends with this lady and she is truly incompitent. I've also back handedly been blamed for her mistakes on the advertising budget by overspending... as I do the accounting. She seems to know how to deflect blame from herself in just the right way.

the mistake definitely orginated with her and I shut it down. My boss doesnt see it that way though...she came in and raged on me for an hour asking why I hadnt seen it sooner.

I think my boss cant accept what this lady has done...

She does get paid if she brings in a large number of patients and she is skimming important details. Ive already brought it to the forefront. She told lies to save herself from trouble. This was a huge mistake.... not only did she ask the patient this question but it was written in black and white that the patient was on an exclusionary medication. Thank GOD I found it.

my boss is personal friends with this lady and she is truly incompitent. I've also back handedly been blamed for her mistakes on the advertising budget by overspending... as I do the accounting. She seems to know how to deflect blame from herself in just the right way.

the mistake definitely orginated with her and I shut it down. My boss doesnt see it that way though...she came in and raged on me for an hour asking why I hadnt seen it sooner.

I think my boss cant accept what this lady has done...

Your boss sounds awful, I'd be looking for a new job.

• Like 1

hmmm... how to avert being someones scapegoat. Good question!

I recall documentation for incidences and the most amazing thing happened! I got fired. They considered it poor teamwork mentality to call out a fellow team member. So if you want, buy two eye patches and then you can say you didn't see the gross negligence of this personnel.

This employee does not sound open to confrontation.

The boss is now on the defensive because her friend made a huge error. The boss won't ruin a friendship over this, so the blame was unfairly placed upon you. Expect more of the same treatment.

Is there a way for you to transfer within your organization to another supervisor? If not, then keep an eye out for any other job opportunities. A major mistake incorrectly blamed on you could cost your job.

• Like 1
  • Author

Beach guy you couldn't have been more right. First she lied about the day she called the guy which was caught with a paper trail trying to say it was before the prescribing date. Then she said that he said he wasnt on any medication at all when she was caught in the first lie. And then when confronted with the note she said he had an rx but it wasnt filled yet . Doesnt make sense doctor wrote note to us and oct 29 pt was called nov 4 and rx was filled oct 29. Thank god for my critical eye.whats worse is she flat out lied.