Approaching a company

I am ready to move on from my current job. I have been applying for openings online but I also have a reliable network for my field in my city. How should I go about approaching some agencies to ask about open positions? I have contacts with several agency directors. Should I send out an email with my resume attached or is there a better way to make contact?

I am ready to move on from my current job. I have been applying for openings online but I also have a reliable network for my field in my city. How should I go about approaching some agencies to ask about open positions? I have contacts with several agency directors. Should I send out an email with my resume attached or is there a better way to make contact?

You can a cold email which is like a promotion of your skills and experience along with your interest in learning more about the company. And it's best to do it on Sunday Night so they will get it on Monday Morning and likely respond.

loveweary11

Make it personal.

Talk to the agency directors and drop major, major hints like, "I'm looking to make a change", "I feel no room for growth where I am", "do you know any agencies with an opening?", etc....

They'll pipe right in if there is an opening.

Generally if you call before applying online or emailing a resume, you will be directed to do so before anything happens further. So I would email it out with a nice cover letter and follow up in a few days to a week later and ask who you can speak with regarding your resume or etc.