Was this co-worker being rude?

I sit in a halfway cube and this co-worker sits right by me and no one else sits on the other side of her. Today, she asked this other co-worker who sits right behind her about the daily schedule, since she couldn't pull her email up. Anyway, should I be offended that she didn't bother asking me about the schedule since I sit right by her? The only time that I talk to her is when we're having system issues like this morning....Do I look useless or something?

• Like 1

I wouldn't read into it, the other co-worker might just seem more approachable or she might jusr like her method of communication more.

Doesn't make you useless or a bad person. Try and chime in friendly responses and make more of an effort to help. One of my coworkers came across as cold, with short answers that were demeaning and made me feel stupid.

Anytime I could ask anyone else for help I did as she appeared not to want to engage or work as a team. Not at ALL suggesting this is your way, but always a good idea to check how you might be coming across.

I don't think you have to be friends...but friendly is always a better approach!

If you already are being friendly...then dont worry about it...theres probably no reason and nothing to be concerned about.

• Like 1