makeithappen

Hello,

In a previous post, I talked about a guy I rejected (he was creepy). It turns out, this guy does not want to give up easily. After numerous calls I ignored, he started using different numbers and at one point,not knowing it was him, I picked up. When I realised it was him, I told him clearly to stop contacting me. He said ok. However, I have just been added on FB with an account that opened an hour ago and a fake profile picture. I also got a text message with the word 'hello', from a number I do not know.

I met this guy at a work-related international event, and I was glad to finally come back to my country after all the stress he gave me. But, it looks like he does not want to leave me alone.

What can I do?

If all he's doing is contacting you via a telephone just keep ignoring him.

If she shows up in person call the police.

Standard-Fare

Block that Facebook account that added you. Then put some super-tight privacy protections on your own account, i.e. no one can search for you by name. Also block ANY accounts you may associate with this guy.

And anytime something creepy happens with your phone, block that number.

But also, start writing down and keeping evidence of each and every incident as it occurs. If you ever have the unfortunate experience of having another phone conversation with him, try to record it.

Hopefully things won't escalate, but if they do, you want to clear evidence that the guy is harassing you.

• Like 2
  • Author
makeithappen
Block that Facebook account that added you. Then put some super-tight privacy protections on your own account, i.e. no one can search for you by name. Also block ANY accounts you may associate with this guy.

And anytime something creepy happens with your phone, block that number.

But also, start writing down and keeping evidence of each and every incident as it occurs. If you ever have the unfortunate experience of having another phone conversation with him, try to record it.

Hopefully things won't escalate, but if they do, you want to clear evidence that the guy is harassing you.

Thank you for your response. How do I record phone conversations?

Thanks.

• Author
makeithappen
If all he's doing is contacting you via a telephone just keep ignoring him.

If she shows up in person call the police.

In a conversation, he mentioned he was applying for a job in the country where I live! I hope he does not get it. I don't want him any closer.

Standard-Fare
Thank you for your response. How do I record phone conversations?

Thanks.

Depends on your phone. On mine, I'd probably just turn on the live camera during the call, which would pick up the whole convo. I'm sure there are apps that would make for an easier process.

If he calls again, you should tell him that if things continue you will head to the police.

Write down ALL of the numbers he's used to call you, save the call logs (screen shots or whatever – showing time, etc.), and save all online correspondence.

He's a creep alright and your instincts are right about him being the anonymous new "friend," so do as everyone above says and block him every which way, tighten security so you have to approve before anyone can friend you or see anything. Decline all new friends you don't know. Make sure you don't have photos up publicly places like photo storage places or any other way. Google your own name and lock everything down that you find by doing that. Just glad he's not around physically for now. If you have to go to any events he may be at, better not go alone AND request your company put you up a different hotel than where the event is held so he can't find you AND don't register under your own name. Get your company to handle that for you. It won't hurt to tell them what's going on with this creep as long as they know you're not going around telling everyone and it could damage their relationship with his company.