Should this co-worker/es-friend be concerned about my relationship status?

At work, I like to mingle and talk to co-workers, I became friends with this co-worker who I considered to be my friend at a point. I would eat lunch with her and a few other people, like almost every other day she would ask why I don't have a boyfriend, and would suggest I go out on a date with her friend's son. Then there was this one time when I called up an old friend who use to work there and I was telling her about it and she asked if she was getting married, and out of nowhere she told me that she would "pity" me because I'm single. I'm like WTF? What does having a conversation about calling up an old friend having anything to do with my relationship status??? Also, I told her I went on vacation to Florida and she asked if I met anyone there, then she said that "walking on the beach" can get lonely. Several times, she told me that she "pitys" me because I don't have a man, she is of a different culture, where marriage and kids are important-she's from Sudan. I noticed that she never says a word about these 2 other girls that are of her same culture that are also single, but it seems she enjoys calling me out and not them-probably because she's the same race as them?