Lying, Lazy, Coniving...Please don't force me to fight dirty!

I sell hospital equipment. Last month - my company made contact w/ a hospital that had a Demo of our competitor in and they were planning to purchase it. We tried talking to the woman in charge of this piece of equipment to convince her to try our system before immediately buying the one she already had. (Our system truly is the best- I'm not just saying that b/c I'm biased) Think of it this way- if you wanted a new car- would you automatically purchase the 1st car you drove just b/c "Well I've already tried it" even if the consumer reports said it cost more and had more probs?

Anyway - she gave us a lot of resistance so we went to her manager who Did want a 30 day Demo but was going to leave the final decision to her. So I fly all the way to the hospital - set it up- show her people how to run it- the peeps using the machine LOVED ours and said they liked it WAY better than the other one- She tells them "We'll see" and when they go back to work she says "OK can you pack it up and take it back?" NO!! I convinced her to try it for a few wks at least so she could really be comfortable w/it before they made a decision.

Last wk she calls and says her manager has decided to Not buy either of the systems. This sounded a little fishy so I did a touch base w/her manager- to see how he felt things were going- and he said he thought the people using the system liked ours better. hmmmm

So today we get another e-mail from her asking when we are going to take the system out b/c the manager wants it gone. LIER!

So now we have to go behind her back and do some sheisty dealings w/the manager to clue him in to her lazy underhanded lying- while hopefully not making anyone fed up w/the whole deal.

grrrrr- why can't people just be honest in business dealings?

Welcome to that little thing called life....

I work for this huge company and everyone is fake and backstabbing and trying to take your position. The type of people that say "hey how are ya" and when you try to answer they are already turning the next corner.

It's nasty and you have to play dirty to get on top. I'm only 19 and lucky to be working here but maaan its really bad.

You can't trust anyone!

They will tell you something and then turn around and tell someone you said something else. It's sneaky and messy and you will sink if you do not know what your doing.

I've been lucky that I interned and learned the ropes first but I feel sorry for all those kids fresh out of college thinking they are going into this stable joba dn everything is going to be peaches and cream ha!

Oh well ...just ranting....

• Author

This is the same chickie who was upset b/c she thought I was gonna be a man. :rolleyes: She's just plucking my last nerve. Plus- that's my $ she's messing with!

You cannot mess with the $$$$ lol

Be sneaky right back and talk to her manager like your doing.

It sounds like they definitely like the new system and so does the manager so who does this lady think she is?

It sounds to me like she has a friend/relative selling your competitor's machine . . . or, depending on the dollar amount of the machine . . . she may be getting some sort of kickback or "gift" for choosing the inferior machine.

LH

• 4 months later...
mental_traveller

My suspicion is that she is getting a kickback from the inferior equipment supplier, or has some other vested interest (maybe a friend or relative works for this company and is handling the sale).

If it were me, I would go right over her head, and deal only with the manager. I'd also point out, tactfully, this woman's strange behaviour. I'd suggest (again tactfully) the manager does a survey of the workers to see which they prefer.

This isn't "fighting dirty" at all, it's just common-sense business. As long as you don't break any legal or ethical boundaries, then you do what is necessary to get the sale :) And if you can stiff a conniving scumbag at the same time, then all the better!

Wow. This woman sounds horrible! I'd just go behind her back and speak with the manager. Forward him the emails and let him know that you thought everyone loved your system. Tell him how surprised you are that she is going against what everyone else wanted. Good luck!