Colleagues voice makes me want to rip my ear drums out..

TylerDurdenn

If I were to say her voice reminded me of a crow singing, I'd be offending the crow.

I can't take it anymore!

The high pitch squeaks, the awkward clearing of the throat, the witch like chuckle, the stupid 'arrrrs', the cringe worthy lonely 'I live with my 14 cats' conversations with clients.

My other colleagues all think the same, however somehow they are able to block her out. I can't do it, her voice pierces through my concentration and ignites my ear drums.

Is there anything I can do without causing too much of an issue?

whichwayisup

There's nothing you can do about it as in speaking to her about her voice. She can't help it, it's her voice.

Buy ear plugs or quit your job. Those seem like your only options...

I find the accents of some of my female South African colleagues to be the same....high-pitched....like fingernails on a blackboard!!

I've learnt to switch off, like your workmates. It does take time though!

• 2 weeks later...

I do that too! I would love to plug both ear holes for the rest of my career. Life in a call center is like that...

the customers and clients are bad enough, but then I have a bellowing creature right over the cube wall from me.

Why do the people with the least to say, talk the most? And in the most irritating voice as well?

• Like 1

Look at your reactions.

You can let this all ride over you if you assume a different behaviour.

If you change your behaviour your attitude will change.

Don't give it head room.

It's not worth it.

The only one suffering is you.

She is just who she is. She isn't deliberately trying to annoy anyone.

You though are homing in on it (and maybe enjoying the annoyance?).