why am i being like this

my boyfriend has just started his new job

its monday to friday 9 til 5... hes been unemplyed for about 6 month before he got this.

i am happy for him but i cant help it atm, but feel like were drifting apart these few days, i know this is a load of rubbish... but its just now we dont talk hardly, i get it that the time in the day he cant, even though he does at lunch etc. which is like 20-30 minutes.

he usually gets home around half 6 and then obviously spends time with his mum and dad has dinner and then we skype for a bit.... but not very long at all and tonight was a few days in of his work and as we were skyping, he started writing ideas down for work which took up most of our facetime.

i tried my best to keep calm, so i did the same to him, and then he got annoyed.

i ended up shouting at him, and having a right go..

he doesnt send a text before he gets to work, he has about an hours bus journey too... when he always expected me to do that when i had an hours journey when i went to college.

i know in his new job its confidental, working in a certain place and he also signed a leaflet to confidentiality and i totally understand but i feel so left out and for some reason im very uncomfortable that we cant share everything anymore, this just turned into an arguement, i dunno why im being so childish and selfish, im so upset and i just dunno what to do, i love him so much. :/

Grumpybutfun

Transitions are always difficult. His life changed and it pivoted the dynamic of your relationship. I don't think your feelings are abnormal. Keep in mind that his successes in life will only enhance his self esteem and therefore your relationship. Support him and try to contain your feelings of neglect because it will pass. If you keep making a big deal out of this, he will get tired of it and wonder if he wants to be with someone who doesn't show support. Time to grow up, which I think you are aware of. I am happy for him for getting a new job, and he is probably wondering why you aren't. Be there for him and focus on your career, friends, hobbies and your family to offset your feelings of neglect.

Good luck,

Grumps

• Like 1