Less interesting job with future OR own cup of tea?

will_woman

I am in midst of my divorce proceedings and landed myself on a new job 2 months ago.

But the job turned out to be boring for me though it's a new industry to me. Now, I am in dilemna.

Should I stick around with a less interesting job but the biomedical industry is more promising in the future?

Or should I go to engineering industry (which seemed to going downhill in my country) which has always been my cup of tea for past 7 years?

Anyone has any experience to share?

bluechocolate

You have to decide what is more important to you.

The less interesting job with a possible future or the one that you enjoy doing.

And when you say "more promising in the future", what do you mean? That there is promise for it to become interesting or that it has a better career path? What good is a better career path in an industry that you are already bored with?

If I were you I would wait until the dust settled from the divorce before making any more important life choices like this.

• Author
will_woman

The new job is in an uprising industry in Asia Pacific. SO, I would say it has a better career path.

I can see that there is no hope for my new job to be interesting or exciting. Actually, I am just thinking to stay on this new boring job just to be associated to the new industry.

Again, I badly desire a fun job that can occupied my mind.

bluechocolate

I can see that there is no hope for my new job to be interesting or exciting. Actually, I am just thinking to stay on this new boring job just to be associated to the new industry.

Allow me to be presumptuous - if that is the way you feel then chances are that you will not be very good at your job.

For years I toiled in an industry that I didn't particularily like very much but it was exciting, fast paced, it paid well & I was able to travel widely.

If I was bored or terribly uninterested I know that I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Again, I badly desire a fun job that can occupied my mind.

There is your answer then.