how to ace an interveiw, help

I'm normally an introvert, how do I suceed in an interveiw?

and not seem like my social habits will interfere with my job.

Do not sit until you are asked to.

Lots of eye contact.

Sit up straight.

Dress nicely. Get a haircuit. Limit your makeup or jewelry (if applicable)

Keep your feet flat on the ground.

Only respond when prompted to.

reasontosigh

Have you tried researching the company you're interviewing with yet?

If you don't know where their website is already, a Google search will provide the address.

bluechocolate

There's loads of info out there to help regarding job interviews - you're online so start searching! The book "Job Interview for Dummies" has some great ideas. Definitely reasearch the company as reasontosigh suggested and think up at least 3 good questions to ask them that will show them that you have done some research. Never ask about money on a first interview - same goes for benefits, ( holidays, etc. ). And prepare yourself for some tricky questions ( again, "Job Interviews for Dummies" has lists and lists of these kind of questions ). Another thing which always helps is to have a friend role play and interview you over and over again - think up quetions they might ask you and practice your answers.

An awful lot depends upon the type of job you are interviewing for. Not everyone is looking to hire an extrovert, especially if there is no substance behind the facade. Capitalize upon experience you have gained from prior jobs or from school - think about what it is that you know that will help you perform the job you are interviewing for. Think positively, answer questions as if you are actually going to be doing the job - no ifs, use the word when.

Good luck!! Prepare using the suggestions others have provided above, get a good night's sleep, dress to impress if appropriate and then relax - try to enjoy the experience.

I am in my last week of my Human Resources course at night school. Just finished my course end project. Phew. Since I have been spending the last month learning all there is to know about the hiring procedures of prosective applicatants, my advise to you is to go to http://www.indiana.edu/~libpers/interview.html print out the interview questions and reherse your answers untill you can answer them without hesitation and with confidence. Chances are some of these questions will be used or with simular wording. Try to be friendly but not to over bubbly. Dress approperatly for the job being applied for. Interviewer will allow for nervousness. Good Luck.