Saying "hi" in the halls..

If you see people multiple times a day at work, in an office environment for instance, do you say "hi" every time you see them?

I like to say "hi" or "hey" every time I see them even if I had already passed them in the hall 2 hours earlier.

Am I corny in that way?

I think you're just polite! And corny is okay too :)

Actually I used to see a lot of my co-workers many times as we passed in hallways and we'd say hey, hello, how's it going...even flash some hand signals just to make each other laugh. You can't avoid it so why not be friendly? I think it shows your character.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it is necessary to say hi every time you see the person. One hello a day is more than enough. Some people at my office get very.offended if you dont say hi at least once a day to them.... soooo silly i know!

If you see people multiple times a day at work, in an office environment for instance, do you say "hi" every time you see them?

I like to say "hi" or "hey" every time I see them even if I had already passed them in the hall 2 hours earlier.

Am I corny in that way?

I don't think it's normal to walk pass people you work with in the hallways. I am guilty for doing it when I first started in the real world and looking back on it now it made me look a little foolish.