Is my boss flirting with me?

So, I started my new job about 3 months ago and my boss has seemed like the best boss I've had! He is very understanding of certain situations that most workplaces wouldn't understand. i will say that it's a very small firm, about 6 employess including my boss. it all started with me telling him how me and my husband have been very distant lately and how unhappy I have been. He was there to talk to me about the situation and even took me into another room and gave me a hug because I was crying. Ever since then, he always asks me if I'm ok. And if I'm not and say I am, he knows I'm not. It's like he already see's right through it. We are both married by the way. He has 2 kids no older than 6 and i have an 8 month old. He is a lawyer and has helped me with several situations that he would normally charge someone for but does it for me and tells me not to tell anyone because he doesn't do this for just anyone. first of all, when I first started and he was training me, everytime the phone rang, he just moved slightly backwards so I would have to reach over him to answer the phone. I thought that was a little uncomfortable at the time. So anyway, we would be in his office over the next few weeks discussing my "case" he is helping me with. Again, when I had to sign into a website to show him something he needed to see, he just slightly moved back and I had to stand directly in front of him to type on his keyboard. I even moved back a few times not realizing he was that close and one of the times he actually grabbed my hipps so I didn't fall. That's how close he was! Not going to lie, it was kind of sexy. So, one day the electric went out in the office, luckily we had a ton of windows for light. We all just goofed around for a bit, and I was joking with him and said something so he smiled and came after me (jokingly) and said I'm gonna hurt you! Had his fist up and got about 2 inches from my face and I'm like backing into a co-worker. He jokes around with me all the time. So, we even talk about things that are not related to work, for instance my personal life. We talk about that alot. One session, he gave me a promotion (after 2 1/2 months!) and I thanked him and he came pretty close so I leaned in for a hug. It wasn't a quick thank you hug, it was a like 10 second hug that felt like it lasted forever! He even rubbed my back a little. He is sometimes stands like a foot away when we talk. I recently went to him with another legal issue and he was more than willing to help me with it. (now I know he would do this for any employee because he just a nice guy like that but it seems different with me) I even said something about him asking his wife about a picture for the office and he was like, as soon as she stops getting on my nerves, so in about 5 years. After that session, I thanked him as usual and he gave me a different hug, as we pulled out of the hug he grazed his hands down my arms when he was letting go and grabbed the end of my hand for a second then let go. Now, I also want to state that a few times when I answered the work phone, it was his wife and I page him to tell him, and i would state her name and he would be like, "who?" (Now damn well what I said) So I say" ____, your loving wife" and says "oh, ok..I guess I'll take it" Today someone else told him his wife called and I was standing right there and he knew I heard and was looking right at them and he gave this dirty look like he didn't want to talk to her. One conversation in particular I said something like, "Yea, I made a lot of mistakes when I was young." And says, "Everyone makes mistakes, hell, you know one mistakes we both made? ....Spouses." We shared intense eye contact and laughed. So, now to the present. I had mentioned how overwhelmed I have been and he offered me to get overtime. Mind you, he barely lets anyone get overtime unless authorized by him. He told me to give him some dates about on when I would be available for overtime. I came in today and asked if today was a good day or 2 hours (I desperately needed to catch up work) and he says, "you need to give me more notice than that!" (Now, I have a key to the office so i don't know why he would even need to be there. He cam to me about 2 hours later and said, "you can stay late tonight and I'll be here if you have any questions." Kinda all of a sudden? So, we were alone in the office and I got most of my work done but I did have a bunch of questions that I needed to ask him. After going in there about 3 times he says, "Do you just wanna sit here next to me so you dont' have to keep coming in?" Jokingly of course. He has also come to saying inappropriate jokes but says, "there is a joke in there somewhere but i wont go there because I'm your boss" He kept joking around with me and I with him but when I did it, it was like surprise and he would say like oh, your being so mean to me. Anywho after about 20 minutes of talking, I said I had to go and he was in my way of walking out and it almost seemed like he wanted or expected me to give him a hug so i just walked passed him and continued to say goodbye so he like touched the back of my head and said, "Alright, goodnight kiddo".

Is he really flirting with me? Why do I feel attracted to him? Is this a normal feeling when starting a new job? I have even had a a fantasy about him? What should I make of this?

Edited by kohls

Reading through I wondered if this was a gag. There's a level of awareness revealed in the attention to detail and description, that causes me to ask if you're honestly uncertain about his interest and where this is leading.

Less than 3 months and already pouring your heart out to him?

Finding this hard to take seriously, TBH....

he's fun - but he has not asked you out unless you want to be used sexually in the workplace, please see the difference between a bored married man and a single man who wants to see what you have in common and build a bond

i don't think scr*wing in the office and seeing him go home to a wife just after is much good

he should come back once he's divorced, seriously, if he's that unhappy at home - they don't leave otherwise, pet xx