Panel job interviews are nerve wracking!

Mostly my fault I guess, for getting myself worked up about it and I'm lucky that I can hide my nervousness (except for something I had to write down, it looked like a child wrote it) but yeesh.

Especially when one of the panel members looks like they hate their life, and hate you for showing up and wasting their time.

january2011

It's been a long time since I've had a panel interview. I think the most I ever had was about 15 people on the panel - this was in an academic setting. It did feel like an interrogation at times.

I think one of the hardest things is to remember to give everyone fairly equal eye contact and to not ignore anyone.

Having interviewed multiple people in back-to-back interviews, I know how hard it is to keep fresh and excited with every single interviewee, especially if you're the only interviewer. Whatever the interviewers' behaviour (unless it seemed very obvious that they didn't like you), try not to take it personally.

It might seem as though you didn't do as well as you'd have liked, but it may not have come across as badly as you think at their end.

Good luck - hope you hear back from them soon.