Almost got fired today

So I work at these condos as a yard maintenance man. I am a college student but got out like 2 weeks ago. I just finished my first year of college. Make a long story short I got lazy and didn't show up to mow the lawns and stuff for 5 days. My boss got super pissed and said she was about ready to fire me. I got the job through a friend I originally got hired by my friends uncle but he is on a year vacation. So I got the new boss last summer. I have two work study jobs but currently not doing them. So when school ended I got lazy and sloppy. Thankfully I didn't get fired and I worked my @$$ off I worked much longer then I usaully worked today and will do the same tomorrow and the day after to recover from the lazyness and I don't plan to slack off or skip days. However I feel if I haul @$$ from this point on (which I will) but I will never truly recover and wont shake this from me. I didn't get fired but it feels like I did and wont ever recover from this f up. Need feed back please.

Of course you will recover. You slacked a bit but then you picked yourself up. No big problem. Just move on and do your job.

Of course you will recover but you can use how you are feeling now as a motivational tool in your future, when you are a company CEO and feel like slacking off, :)

Art_Critic
Of course you will recover but you can use how you are feeling now as a motivational tool in your future, when you are a company CEO and feel like slacking off, :)

Hey Mixed28...

10 years from now you might be faced with firing someone for not coming into work for 5 days and you will look back on this and give the guy another chance and then give him the ole pep talk about how you did it when you were his age and how not getting fired helped you.

Pay it forward :)

and of course you will recover.. this kind of stuff isn't is like grade school grades where it is on your record for life :laugh: