bafflement of work colleagues behaviour

ok - someone has got to help me out with this one....

Me and a female colleague do not get on - we are (kinda) civil to each other (i only talk to her if i really need to, this is due to her betraying my trust last year and it has never been the same since) and our only discussions are about work. Anyway, over the last few days I have (foolishly) made it known to another older, male colleague that i don't particularly like her - reasons:- she copies my manner, dress and speech, she gossips behind other poeple backs, she goes after guys that are in relationships and bascially other things that i have heard i'm finding that this is not the kind of person that i want to know.

So now my observations tell me that this male colleague is gradually becoming playful with her, he is more vocal with her and yesterday whilst she was walking past him he made to grab her (oh it makes me sick just thinking about it by the way this guy just bores the hell outta me) and all this other little stuff NOW why the hell is he doign this all of a sudden and only after i told him this stuff??!!

my conclusions:

-being sneaky as he is he may be trying to get close to her to find out what she thinks of me

-he likes the idea that she has said to work colleagues on night outs, in particular a guy who is in a relationship 'touch my leg, i have lovely brown nipples' and the like, and would want to get a piece for himself (before she actually started working in this dept she used to come down to see the afore mentioned bore....he (lol) told everyone that they were having an affair (LOL) oh man, that always makes me laugh, anyway, she found out and stopped talking to him for a short while

-and a third reason i cannot think of - i would like to ask him but ......i don't know

anyway - this female colleague has been called a bunny boiler, a tease, a psycho, crazy horse, mad, When i first met her she seemes sweet enough but then she just betrayed my trust and trust is hard to ger back. Funny thing is, after telling 1 or 3 people abotu things i had confided in her she had the cheek to tell otehrs that SHE did not trust ME - how weird is that??!!

so, what do u guys think?

I don't think he is trying to know her to get an opinion of what she thinks of you. After what you told him, he may see her has an easy catch and is trying to get some...

Whatever the reason, if you don't love this guy just don't bother too much with it. Unless you think they could do something to professionally harm you or your reputation, just ignore them.

• 2 weeks later...
lipglossboost

Office politics and gossip are fairly common, though that doesn't make them any less annoying.

I would say that this person betrayed your trust and is in no way deserving of any further thought from you, aside fron necessary work conversations. If she wants to make a name for herself there, (and it sounds like she already has, albeit not a positive one,) just let her. It will catch up with her sooner or later ... you don't need to waste your valuable time worying about her.

*hugs*