Work meeting away from home

chuckie_egg

Hi i have a course with work in two weeks time, i go on them regualry and it involves having to stay overnight. At the moment ive got a few personnal problems and dont want to be away from home stuck in some hotel by myself.

I want to speak to my manager about not going as i have some stuff going on and need to be at home but im worried that he will think im not taking my job seriously.

I dont know what to do :(

Ok. the only thing that i can say about this... speaking from somewhere in a company that i know my bosses and i administrate myself. If u even ask... He will not probrably say but he will think you are not taking it seriously. Leave ur personal problems at home. thats what he will say. This is your job. unless its someone dying or ur in a hospital.

If he is considerate maybe he will be ok with it. but im doubtful of a mind of a professional.

desertIslandCactus
Hi i have a course with work in two weeks time, i go on them regualry and it involves having to stay overnight. At the moment ive got a few personnal problems and dont want to be away from home stuck in some hotel by myself.

I want to speak to my manager about not going as i have some stuff going on and need to be at home but im worried that he will think im not taking my job seriously.

I dont know what to do :(

If your personal problems involve the safety of a family member, I would think that is something to consider.

If you were not aware of this overnight portion of your job, when hired - it could be a consideration and especially if a problem at home is dire.

Edited by desertIslandCactus

It's kinda hard to say what you should do when we don't know the reason.

My husband had to go to another city for 5 nights last year after he had been caught cheating, so I went with him.

If it's a life and death situation then your boss should understand but you'll have to tell him why I would think.

If it's just something like a TV series you don't want to miss, well then you'll have to suck it up.