Shady, lying co-workers

Why do I have such a problem with them? Years ago at a job I had a "boss", who kept telling his boss I wasn't doing my job, and all this stuff. Mind you it was a complete fabrication, especially when what I did was recorded on a computer. It eventually built up to when the head of the department believed this guy (while never witnessing me doing anything wrong herself) enough that she booted me to another department.

At another job, a girl who was CONSTANTLY swearing went and told the boss I swore and got me written up. I did actually swear, but we all did, her most of all. She put on a crying show acting like it offended her and got me written up that way.

Now, I hire this girl and she goes behind my back and tells my district manager that I "boss her around and make her do everything" that "customers don't like him" (a lie I called her on that she couldn't back up) and other stuff. Mind you I've never once said a bad word about her to him, that's not how I am. If I have an issue with an employee, I'll take it up with them and settle it.

Now she's griping about hours (after I did all I could to get her more hours) and that she has another job that will conflict with this one.

This type of garbage is why I don't trust anyone. I stand up for her, and she throws me under the bus behind my back. Luckily the district manager is starting to see she's not making much sense.

I just can't stand people like this, they're the scum of the earth. I'm an honest, but imperfect guy, but I'd never do stuff like that.