How long did it take you to find a job?

It takes me at least 4 months to find a job usually. And I am sending out resumes almost every day. Once it took ten months and I so upset and depressed. My last job took 6 months, which wasn't bad. I work in a field, which is specialized so job openings are few and far between.

Get yourself out there. Every day. You can do it.

SecretSquirrel

Yay you!

I spent 7 months looking for a job in the industry I wanted to work in; then said screw it I have bills to pay, applied for another job and received an immediate offer.

New job again?

For me it depends, I tend to have options. Now I am not doing what I want to do so... right now it has been about 2 years of the same search. I'm debating of going back or just relocating now.

• Author
eerie_reverie

Blah I don't know. I don't know if I can find another place to pay me to act unprofessional all day. I kind of love my company. I wouldn't mind being a lifer.

I think I'm going to keep trying the get-transferred route to happiness. I talked to my old boss today who said it shouldn't be a problem. Apparently my current boss, the one I'm in love with, has never even brought it up during their monthly who should get rotated? meetings. Selfish prick.

Citizen Erased

It was a week and a half between me finally leaving my last job and starting my current one. Not bad. I interview well, every job I've had I have been told I was hired either on the spot or a couple of hours after I've left. So far anyway.

Six months.

It's a very tough market out there given the current economy so try not to get discouraged if it ends up taking a little longer then you'd hope for.

Good luck!! :)