Boss playing games

I was put on a performance improvement plan a few weeks ago. One thing mentioned in my review was not checking my bosses outbox 2 x a day. Which was mostly because I couldn't get access to his inbox, which I told him in the meeting.

This week I put a purchase request in his inbox, Monday. It's now Friday and that is the only thing still sitting in his inbox. The request isn't something for me, but my new boss. He already put me on a performance review plan, so why mess with me now...? I am trying to do my job, why make that harder.

He hasn't approched me with any questions or concerns about the form...

I bet you he feels it's partially YOUR responsibility to follow up with him about things you give him, including the thing that's sitting in his inbox that you know is there.

or he's a passive-aggressive SOB who is setting you up to fail no matter *what* action you take ... I'd bet money on this

• Author

Yeah, no onehas to follow up with thingsin his inbox. He prefers not to be bothered, by anyone. So why he would want to review paperwork, then be questions about paperwork doesn't make sense. Everything else was processed no questions asked...

Well, I think you may want to take all emotion out of the situation and just keep bringing up the fact about his inbox so he can't ignore it. Maybe just try doing your job robotically.