Hi all. I have a question for all those that have any knowledge of management consulting/strategic management (Ernst & Young, Protiviti, etc). I just graduated and have a J.D. and B.B.A but I'm having the hardest time getting any type of feedback from these types of firms. It seems as though they have only offers for those with the standard 5+ years of experience or those still in school. Thanks.

When you just get out of school it is just too easy for the mangers to trash your resumes. So do something to make yourself stand out. I've done this stuff before and it works great. First try to set up an informational meeting with some managers. Most will give you 10-15 minutes of their time. Spend the time talking about the company and what it takes to get hired, try to show how you have some great experience and knowledge others don't have. Great way to get your foot in the door.

Next send fun resumes and stuff. Make it so the managers have to open it. Maybe send big calculator with a cover letter talking about how your skills add up to something great for the company. Send some coins and talk about how they can count of you. It may sound over the top but you need to get your resume opened and looked at. What's the worse that can happen, they trash your resumes right next to the last normal one you sent in?

For more information see http://www.dreamjobsystem.com