I wasn't sure where to put this really, I guess here is good as any.

My question is, I was thinking of going into the legal transcription program here, and was wondering if anyone has ever done that or knew of anyone who had?

If so, did you like it? Was the pay pretty good and how long did it take you?

I heard it can be done from home as well. Maybe not to start off but at some point.

Any advice on that type of job is appreciated. :)

Court reports make a TON of money for very little schooling. I think it would be a great choice.
Not to mention VERY entertaining!

I know of a Pastor that used to take his wife to night court for dates....no he didn't have much money....but she absolutely loved it!!!

I know of a Pastor that used to take his wife to night court for dates....no he didn't have much money....but she absolutely loved it!!!

hahah thats a cheap date great idea, some what inventive. I hope it wasn't divorce cases

• Author
Court reports make a TON of money for very little schooling. I think it would be a great choice.

Thanks. Well, I heard the same thing, I just hope it doesn't take a whole lot of schooling though.:) I have thought about for awhile now, so it might be something I pursue. I just don't want it to be something I get in over my head with.

hahah thats a cheap date great idea, some what inventive. I hope it wasn't divorce cases
Divorce cases are the best though!

You find out just how many wacked men and women there are out there....

I think it would be a great job if I needed one.....

• Author

Night court?

• Author

I have heard alot of people say that people they knew that did the legal transcription thing, really enjoyed it. I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew, and hope its not going to taken forever to complete. :)

You could probably find some more information online. I would do a lot of research before going into it.

My aunt was a court reporter, and my mom worked for many years (starting with my aunt, and then eventually for other court reporters when my aunt quit) as a scopist. I don't know how much my aunt made since I was a kid at the time but I think she did pretty well.

The software you need to edit the transcriptions is pretty expensive, as is the support. If you do stenotype and have to buy the machine I would think that would be very expensive as well. There are upfront costs. I know there are different types of court reporting though so these may not apply, and maybe some of that cost is covered through the school? That is just a guess though.

From my mom's perspective--only ever editing transcripts, and never being the one taking the transcription--the job was very tedious. She had to wear wrist braces to do the work because it was all-day, every day typing.

I think your enjoyment would be highly dependent on what type of cases you took. If you hire scopists to edit your transcriptions you'd avoid some of the more boring parts of the work.

This isn't meant to be negative--as others have said, they know court reporters who really love their jobs. These are just a few things I have seen. Good luck, whatever you decide!

nopainnogain
Legal Jobs .

Dont follow me Im headed out of state. I gotta pay my Fu**in bills so im transportin weight

I'm thinking of going for illegal jobs. Housebreaking, forgery, High treason, etc. Any thoughts? :confused:

I'm starting school for court reporting in the fall. My college includes the cost of the machine in tuition. It is expensive ($1600), but I will be able to use the machine when I finish the program and it will be worth it. Court reporters can make great salaries. I'm really excited.

Good luck to you!

nopainnogain

Niggaz don't like me cause I'm makin ends

Roll in a Benz and I blaze a blunt, cause I'm all in