Hello all, I'm pretty young (early '20s,) but work at a very relaxed workplace. We have a guy (30 yrs. old,) who flirts with all the women but hits on only a few of them. You can hear him hitting on the women and they women complain about him (just with other co-workers.) Yes, he hits on married women at work which is sad because he is single. But my question is how do you stop something like this? It's gotten out of hand and I'm not joking one bit.

My father has worked with the company for 15 yrs. and we know the owners very well (practically like family) but he says to leave it alone even though he now sees what's going on since I started to show him what's been going on. He even admits that he sees a lot of the co-workers are sick of this crap. I'll just give you guys some situations for how bad this is.

The photo copy machine is in the back where the sales department is. When some of the women are over at the copy machine you can hear him try and get in on their conversations when they are there, or he just tries talking to the women and flirts with them when they are by the machine. He'll also sit at the women's desk for 30 to 45 minutes and talk about nothing while trying to flirt or hit on them and yes this still includes the married women! I should also mention that he even follows some of these women around where they can't get away from him and if he sees they are by themselves, he'll try and start a conversation with them wherever they are!

The company is a family based company with about 100 people and when this guy is gone, the company is just so much more professional because people are more loose and relaxed. The only reason I'm asking because I believe that this guy could seriously turn into some sort of stalker down the road since he does this crap daily and he can't get the hint. I'm not making the women look innocent because they flirt to but a lot of the time it's just out of fun, after all, what women doesn't flirt? But is there anything that can be done about this? The women have figured this guy out finally and even talk about him behind his back with other female co-workers. When he's trying to hit on the women in the office, other people just role their eyes and talk about him when he leaves.

If I can get some advice, it'd be appreciated. This has just become so tiring to put up with and I don't even work with the guy, I just see it and hear about it from other co-workers since my father and I can shut the office door. I just don't know if this is harassment, obsession or what especially since he hits on married women. Like I said I just think that he'll eventually turn into a stalker down the road or this could turn into a harassment case for how bad the situation has become.