Running Away From Work

Oh Boy! Dated a stupid girl at work. Very attractive and she'd been chasing me for a long while. Mutual attraction, knew it was unhealthy to like her as she was involved with an abusive boyfriend. As I get to know her, she's a totally weak, depressed, lying, using person. Went out with her 3 times, 3rd time I think she actually used me to get back at her man. Told him we slept together and everything.

A friend told me she wanted to get back at him for all the times he's cheated. She's dating around with different guys. This former friend began acting really jealous towards me when we started seeing eachother. Actually like he wanted to fight me. Couldn't believe it. We are no longer friends, she has gone back to her man, and I think this psycho has it out for me.

I hate seeing her at work because she'll flirt with me and say stupid things like we should have a kid together but it's all bs. I feel kinda proud I hooked up with her but realize I wouldn't want to be with her. I've gotta get outta my job asap. I can't stand it there and it's a small family environment. Now I hear this girl is having this guys baby. I mean she has her own life but I liked her and now I feel like a fool. I don't wanna be there and she comes in pregnant.

When I started talking to her I figured it was a game so I said if you just wanna mess around....it's cool. No, she's talking relationship, etc. Then when he comes around she drops me like a bad habit. It's not that it's that tough but there is a feeling of rejection and having been played like a fool there and everyone knows it. Worse part is I was always attracted to her but my mind was telling me to stay away...as soon as I give in disaster strikes. I don't know what to do, but can't stay in my job.

What guarantee do you have that the same thing won't happen at your new job? I would suggest that you go thru the growing pains and learn a thing or two from the experience. That way you'll be wiser and prepared to deal with these crazy women the next time around. I will tell you from my experience that seeing her pregnant is not that bad actually. You think you won't be able to handle it but you will. You will lose more respect for her and she won't be special as once she was. She'll have the beauty but you'll come to the conclusion that if that's all there is left of her then you're just infatuated with her looks and that makes you shallow. So then you'll pull yourself up and start looking for better partners. One that has values, respect for you and is decisive.