Terrifying "out-of-body" nightmares

lexnmike4enomore

I'm not exactly sure where to post this but here goes........

Lately i have been having these unbelievable out-of-body nightmare experiences. I mean they feel so real and incredibly scary. I have nightmares of ghost sitting at the end of my bed. And i mean they feel so real, like i can touch it. Then when i get so scared my entire body freezes and i cant move a muscle. And i think i actually make myself believe that there are ghosts around me. Like the nightmare i had last night.......

I was "sleeping" and i heard a noise. So i got up to check and i turn the corner and I see a person with a sheet over their head and then they begin to grow....to about 7 feet......now I know I'm dreaming but maybe my soul is out of my body and it actually experiencing this. I swear it feels so real (i cant express that enough)

And whilst I'm dreaming and I'm terrified........I can't move......body totally shuts down.........

Now the other night I know i was awake....b/c i was so scared i wanted to turn the TV back on but i was afraid that whatever was in my room was going to get me.......(i'm like 4 years old right now) :confused:

But when i opened my eyes.....i saw something......someone walking towards me with a video camera....i swear on all that is holy that i saw a model like woman walking towards me with this camera and again my body froze and i couldn't do anything......

Now i have heard of out-of-body experiences....where you can actually feel it.

Anybody here familiar with those out of body...think its real......scared frozen......experiences?

I wouldn't consider what you experienced an OBE. Sounds like a dream (or nightmare) to me.

And haven't you seen Beetlejuice? Ghosts don't wear sheets anymore! :p

I have experienced something like this over and over and have since become interested in the subject. In fact, I can't go more than a few nights without getting that "frozen" sensation you were talking about where you are in some state of sleep and you can't move a muscle. This is actually a sleeping disorder called Sleep Paralysis. Some people also experience audio and visual hallucinations and / or feelings of suffocation or buzzing through-out the body when this occurs. It is absoloutely terrifiying every time. In my personal experience, I have also found that Sleep Paralysis is linked to Out Of Body Experiences (OOBE).

If you'd like, I can find some more information for you.

lexnmike4enomore
Originally posted by Spira

If you'd like, I can find some more information for you.

Yes please can you.....I'm very interested in this sort of thing...ghosts and OOBE...Thats why i went to go see White Noise (worst movie in history) But now since this is happening to me......i want to know why its happening to me.

Hey tiki......Does this happen to you every night? Tell me that this s*it is't one scary mother

If you google the term "Sleep Paralysis" you will find plenty of resources. About.com has a good section on it:

http://sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/hallucinations/a/terrorparalysis_2.htm

http://sleepdisorders.about.com/od/sleepparalysis/

Like I said, SP is linked to hallucenations, and leads some people to believe that they have been abducted by aliens or that there are evil spirits present. At one time during my life, the episodes were so intense that I had hallucenations of beams of light coming from the corner of the ceiling and from outside of my window which caused my body to have the buzzing / frozen sensation, and I quite honestly believed that I was being spyed on by aliens. This may sound insane, but it was so real and unusual that I had no other explanation for it.

Anyway, I have read a lot of articles on the net about SP / OOBE / and Lucid Dreaming, and the three are usually lumped together for some reason, but everyone fails to see the link between SP and OOBE. The sensations you have while falling into a state of OOBE are similiar to that of SP. On top of that, I never had an OOBE until I began experiencing SP. What I believe is that if you allow yourself to relax and not fear the paralysis, you can enter a state of OOBE. Anyway, if you find any articles on how the two relate, let me know.

If you want to find out about this disorder, you should attend a sleep clinic. Going to movies is not going to give you the information you need.

Hallucinations do seem real, you see. This is why people who suffer mental ailments that cause hallucinations do things like jump off buildings or kill people - they are positive that the visions they're having are real.

Originally posted by lexnmike4enomore

Hey tiki......Does this happen to you every night? Tell me that this s*it is't one scary mother

It's almost every night, sometimes several a night, depending on stress levels. And I do it anywhere, hotels, wherever. The worst I've done was pulled out the mace and went into the living room to aim it at an intruder. I yelled at the intruder at the top of my lungs, switched on the lights, then felt like a FREAK. :D

I've been to see a sleep d/o doctor, and have stayed over night and all day for surveillance. I was diagnosed with a form of narcolepsy and put on some meds that never helped.

lex~ these types of crazy dreams happened a lot when i was a kid. it was almost like sleep walking, but you are somewhat cognative at the time, but still dreaming.

you did just go through a divorce right? that, and other stressors can make havoc for your sleeping pattern.

maybe keeping a dream log would help. like what you where feeling before you went to sleep, as you dreamt and the post dream experiences, then go through and see if there are any patterns or links.

I have gone through this a lot also.

Nightmares--I have had them about my family being murdered along with myself by being shot, I can "feel" and smell and sense everything as if it's right in front of me. Or I'll be "standing by" as I see someone get murdered, I'll yell or attempt to contact them but they can't see me or hear me, but I'll "sense" everything as if I'm awake and I can never wake myself up *since i must be dreaming* until the full scene has played out. :confused:

I also have times where I can see myself sleeping, I'll be (don't laugh) "floating" up near the ceiling and I'll look down and see myself sleeping, then before I can fully wake up I'll feel like I'm being punched, shooken violently, ect (I have heard that it's me trying to get back into my body).

I by no means am saying this is normal or not, but I swear I've had this happen to me more times than I can even begin to explain. It just started happening in the past few years. (except the murder dreams, they have happened since I was a young girl). :(

lexnmike4enomore
Originally posted by Barby

I also have times where I can see myself sleeping, I'll be (don't laugh) "floating" up near the ceiling and I'll look down and see myself sleeping, then before I can fully wake up I'll feel like I'm being punched, shooken violently, ect (I have heard that it's me trying to get back into my body)

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I FELT!!!!

Like i was floating outside my body when i encountered the man with the sheet and the lady walking with the camera......good thing i didn't wake up with stained sheets....... :o:o:o

lexnmike4enomore

TTMT.....I did just go through a divorce.........i guess i was over it but guess not......i don't feel stressed for something like this to happen

Also, this just started happening about 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by lexnmike4enomore

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I FELT!!!!

Like i was floating outside my body when i encountered the man with the sheet and the lady walking with the camera......good thing i didn't wake up with stained sheets....... :o:o:o

Maybe you're able to "see" more while you're having this experience...you're totally relaxed and your mind is totally "open" so you'd be more apt to see "people" you can't see normally (if you know what I mean, I don't like the word "ghost").

oh, oh.....they did this experiment with a man who had OoBE whilst he slept.

they put a paper with a number on a shelf above the test bed he was sleeping in.

you should try this! have someone put a number or name or word on a paper in your room, and see if you see it when you have one of these OoBE! of course...no hints as to what is on the paper!

I know this isn't my thread..........but thanks very much for that idea, I think I will have my sister do that with me, have her hide a number or word up somewhere high where I'd be able to see it from "above" but not know where it's at before I go to sleep to see if I can see it and remember it when I wake up. (I should cuz I remember the seeing myself, and shaking, ect). :)

Honestly this is a cool test to try. Once again thanks for suggesting it! ;):p:)

no problemo! that is why we are forumized....to spread the wealth of knowledge!

but, of course.... i forget if the guy saw the number.....

Aha! Glad it's not just me then.

I used to have extremely lucid dreams as a child. I would know that I was dreaming, and could control all the events in my dreams. When I got fed up/bored with it I would pinch myself on the arm and wake myself up. This would happen twice a week or so. I told my mum and she just told me not to be daft!

As I grew up, I grew out of it, but have had several scary experiences of sleep paralysis, where I felt myself floating off from my body, but being totally unable to stop myself, while having the awful feeling that something evil was lurking in a corner near the ceiling of my room, just waiting to come and get me, and of course being unable to get back down, I was terrified. I would wake up with a jolt, sweating and scared to go back to sleep. I still worry that I'm going to have more of those. They tend to happen just as I'm drifting off.

When I first moved to the village I'm in now, I was working and "living in" in a hotel, and got quite homesick during the first few months, and sleptwalked twice - first into a cupboard, and then into the next door bedroom and climbed into the bed! Luckily it was unoccupied by residents that night! My room mate had heard me get up, thought I was going to the loo, and it was only when I didn't come back in, she went to investigate and saw the door to the next room was open. She came and got me out and guided me back to bed. Very embarrassing. :eek:

I'm pretty sure all these sleep disorders are related.

The reactions in your sleep, such as smelling, tasting, seeing, hearing, and feeling is caused by your meta-senses. Spirits have so much energy that you actually have a whole different set of senses besides your physical ones. This is how mediums or psychics can relate to spirits. If you have ever seen that guy John Edward on tv, that's how he does it. Everyone has the capacity to perform various senses like this but like anything you have various levels of abilities with each. The paralysis has happened to me on occasion. It's the shock from your physical body as your spirit re-enters. You may even feel sick to your stomach. You can buy some books on meditations that will help you to hone various psychic skills...Sylivia Brown seems to be the biggest expert on the subjects. I just found another book that I'll post tomorrow if anyone is interested. I started researching and experimenting with some of this stuff last year and it's pretty interesting. You'd be surprised with what you are capable of doing....Take it easy