Prayer Question

Originally posted by Wishfulthinking

Why does God sometimes not answer prayers?

Maybe He's got something else in the making for ya?

You can ask God for favors, or should I say, "request", something from God. Like tiki said, maybe He's got something else planned for you.

Why does God sometimes not answer prayers?

It's important for you to understand that God hears every single prayer that is offered up to Him. The thing with most people is, however, we refuse to listen, listen to His answer. If we don't get our way, we think, He didn't answer my prayer. That's simply not the case. His answer could be a flat out, "NO", "YES", or even a "Not yet". I don't know how many times I've heard people at Church say that God didn't want that for me, or God called me to be a pastor, or He called me to be a missionary, and so on and so on. How come these people seem to know what God's answer was?

They listened. They didn't hear this thundering voice or the clouds didn't darken with lightning coming down and carve the answer on stone. They listened to their heart, while they were praying, and they listened to that inner voice we all have afterwards.

Alot of times when I pray, I get the answer right away. I'd have to say that 80% of the time the answer comes to me as I'm praying. It's that little inner voice that seems to reason with my consience mind and, BOOM, there it is.

I think that most people who think that God didn't answer their prayers is because the answer is something that we refuse to hear. So we ignore it, and we keep praying for it. Whatever the case, it isn't because God didn't hear it or that God didn't answer.

Sometimes you have to put a grain of your own in order for God to help you. You can't just sit around waiting for him to do everything you know.

God's not the Divine Santa Claus. It's not His job to give us everything we want. We don't necessarily know what's best for us, after all.

...aren't supposed to happen for a reason you'll find out later on in life.

If it's something bad...perhaps you needed to learn or experience something. If someone is dying maybe it was just their time to go.

Other people we love will always be around and/or come around.

God always answers prayers. Sometimes it takes a while. Sometimes we get our answers right away. Often we just don't pay attention. God often answers prayers before we even pray. If you think you didn't get an answer, perhaps that was your answer. Many questions or stated desires are better answered with silence or inaction.

Wishfulthinking

Yes. I guess since he has not answered it for the last 3 months, that is my answer. I guess he does have something better in mind for me and is working on it as we speak. Thanks Guys.

Other than not listening to what He has to say or just expecting what WE want.....you also have to be free of sin when you pray. I don't mean that we have to be sinless (I'm sure some will take that out of context), but we do have to repent of our sins before God can hear us. I also think you have to be living in His will for him to answer your prayers.

Here are my steps to prayer. The first thing I do is to acknowledge that God is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, omni potent and above all. Then I normally ask forgiveness for my sins and I'll even name them off as I go along. Then I would bring prayer requests from others before Him. Lastly, I'll ask for my prayers to be answered, or that His will be done in my life. Then I always make sure and close in Jesus' name. It says in the bible to ask in Jesus' name and these things will be added unto you.

I'm not going to say that this is exactley the way you should pray. But it seems to work for me and I usually will get an answer.

Wishfulthinkin', don't give up hope. Keep the faith that He knows what He's doin'.

Yes, everyone takes on their "own way" of praying....and rightfully so.

This is an interesting thought.....

I'm taking a 12 week course on "Experiencing God, Knowing and Doing the Will of God." One of the first topics it covers is how to recognize God's will in your life. It says when people seek to know and do the will of God, many ask the question, "What is God's will for my life?" (which is how your prayer will be answered).

Sometimes we assume that every question, or request, is a legitimate one. Always check to see if you have asked the right question, or made the right request, before you pursue the answer. "What is God's will for my life?" - is not the right question. The right question is "What is God's will?"

Not me talking...it's the book I'm reading :)

Not really a book, although I think there is a book that goes along with it. It's a 12 week course, study guide, called "Experiencing God" by Blackaby and V.King.

So far (two weeks :) ) it's been really good.