I didn't really know where to post this... divorced/separating - coping - whatever. But somehow, since my thoughts are more spiritual I decided to post here. If I was wrong in doing this, please forgive me.

My H of 5 years has moved out of the house at my request after struggling with his lies and infidelity for 10 months (which I just recently became aware of). During this process we've been at war with each other instead of working together. I know now the devil has had his for far too long, and we only welcomed his stay (unintentionally).

Today we attended our final marriage counseling session. This was a last resort in which we were both pretty much "ordered" to go by the military. We are both hurt, tired and ready to end this marriage. Somehow, I believe with all my heart the God is still working here and trying so hard to call us back to him. The meeting didn't go as I had hoped and prayed. But a lot was learned, at least on my part. I know that God does not condone divorce and I know now how much the Devil has played his part in our lives. If we divorce, we are pretty much kissing the devil and choosing his path. However, because of the adultery - God will forgive if we do divorce. Still - I can't help but pray that my H will choose God and cast out the evil - and come back to saving this marriage.

We have both hurt each other and we both need to be accountable for our actions. We need to come together and work as a unit. "Us against the world" as we use to say. We need to do this for us, for our children, and come together with the Lord. I know in my heart that I love my H more than anything. I want more than anything to prove to him that I can love and respect him the way he deserves. I don't want to punish him for his actions, I want to learn from this and move forward - together. He needs help to learn to communicate and show emotion - I need help learning to handle my emotions rather than act out on them. We both have learning and forgiving to do. We can't just "give up" and give into Satin's ways.

The meeting itself wasn't that great. We both sat there blaming the other for this and that rather than saying, ok - we did this, I'm sorry, now lets move on. My H didn't state that he wanted this to work. OUCH! I ended the meeting telling him that in that past I've "always" been the one to beg, cry, plead, call, write, email etc. to get him to come back to me. This time, I will not contact him in anyway and if he wants to work on us, he will have to come knock on my door - (or the door of my heart as the Chaplain stated). He will have to come to me. I also told him that I'm planning for the worst and preparing to move, that he knows how impatient I am, and I can not wait forever. Basically I ended the session putting the ball in his court.

Now I'm back at home - still praying that the Lord provides him the light he needs to see how Satin has really effected this marriage and how we are continuing to allow him (Satin) to use us against each other. I pray the Lord will bring him home to me, we will talk, hold each other - then burn all evidence of past errors - burn Satin and cast him out of our lives. We will pray together and begin rebuilding this marriage through Christ. This I pray - alone.

If he doesn't come home to me, Satin has won. However, maybe God isn't answering (some) of my prayers because he knows this will be easier for me than what could become - I don't want to think negative, but it's very difficult at times with my pain. Please pray for my family. Please pray that God will bring "us" back to Him and cast out all evil. Please pray for our children, that they are comforted and provided strength throughout this process.

Thank you for listening, and for your prayers.

You will be Blessed in my Prayers.

I hope that every thing works out for you...

Please keep us up on what happends. :)

With all due respect, Satan isn't to blame and you aren't kissing any devils if you divorce. God isn't in every single thing you do and He doesn't pull Cosmic puppet strings to ensure you marry the right person. People make mistakes in marriage all by themselves and I seriously doubt God would be unfair enough to condemn anybody for doing something in error. Unfortunately, you married a man who is not marriage material. I hope very much that you can get over this and move on, with God's help.

If you and your husband are going to hide behind religion I can't offer you any advice. Except maybe to say ditch the chaplain (being a servant of the lord does NOT automatically qualify you to give life advice) and seek out a REAL marriage counsellor, someone who won't tell you that you'll be licking Satan if you move to protect yourself.

Honestly Ringo? The more you post, the more unbalanced you are starting to sound. Praying to God isn't going to fix your husband. A speeding bus might.

Please, get YOURSELF some help. Nothing to do with Military, or chaplain, or God.

Touch_of_Naughtiness

As I can see you are immensely religious, but that does not mean that what's going on in your marriage has to do entirely with satan or that by getting a divorce you are kissing satan that's just absurd :rolleyes:

Also, you have to help yourself so that God can help you! You cannot sit around just praying waiting for God to change your husband, you also have to do something about it!

Sometimes it's better to get a divorce than live a life of deceit and pain. Maybe God has put this man in your life as a test that you must overcome to become a stronger person.