Bill Nye vs Ken Ham Creation vs Evolution debate

Christian Today asks it's readers to vote on "who won" the debate

WATCH Bill Nye vs Ken Ham debate VIDEO in FULL HERE: Who won Creation vs Evolution debate? [POLL] | Christian News on Christian Today

You have to vote to see the results. As of ten minutes ago 27,101 votes.

Ken Ham 8%

Bill Nye 92%

Did I mention this was at Christian Today ?

In case I didn't, this was a vote on the Bill Nye vs Ken Ham Creation vs Evolution debate held by the readers of Christian Today web site...

Most Christians don't really believe the Bible anyway. Is that what you wanted to hear? These results honestly don't surprise me.

• Like 2
  • Author
Most Christians don't really believe the Bible anyway.

in sig…

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”

(Psalm 16:2)

This makes as much sense as stating most people don't really believe in Nazism, and then quoting Hitler.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

The truth always sounds better doesn't it?

This makes as much sense as stating most people don't really believe in Nazism, and then quoting Hitler.

The truth always sounds better doesn't it?

I said "most" Christians.

I mean, really, aside from verses pertaining to prosperity and encouragement, do you really think most Christian care about the Bible or believe it? It's nothing more than a good luck charm to most--like a rabbit's foot. Or a book to boost their mood and give them some pep. But they don't look to it for truth in every facet of theirs lives.

Wouldn't you agree?

The smart Christian is able to combine science and religion into what they believe.

Is the Earth only 6,000 years old and dinosaurs and humans lived side-by-side? Of course not.

But who is to say that God didn't guide the development of the universe and life on Earth as it happened?

• Like 3
Yes, THEY do!

22 Messages From Creationists To People Who Believe In Evolution

(Note, don't add the 'n')

I disagree with you. I'd say at least 2/3 of all Christians I personally know don't believe more than half of all Biblical points--ranging from creationism, to radical depravity of humans, to corporal discipline of children, to roles of men and women, to prophecy and future events, to the role of money according to Jesus.

Christianity is a CULTURE. It's not necessarily based on the Holy Spirit and words of Jesus AS IT SHOULD BE.

• Author
I I'd say at least 2/3 of all Christians I personally know don't believe more than half of all Biblical points

Weird, cos I thought for your handle you were in the USA.

Christianity is a CULTURE. It's not necessarily based on the Holy Spirit and words of Jesus AS IT SHOULD BE.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

About 75% of Americans identify themselves as Christian (wiki, Pew) - so you're saying when they quote scripture they don't really mean it? 2/3rds of 75% are lying? That's half the country based on your anecdotal "evidence."

Maybe they are atheists pretending to be good (no, actually bad) christians?

• Author
The smart Christian is able to combine science and religion into what they believe.

That is Christianity (religion/faith/creationism) already - cherry picking to support your beliefs.

Your beliefs should be informed by fact, not illusion/delusion.

• Like 1
Weird, cos I thought for your handle you were in the USA.

About 75% of Americans identify themselves as Christian (wiki, Pew) - so you're saying when they quote scripture they don't really mean it? 2/3rds of 75% are lying? That's half the country based on your anecdotal "evidence."

My point is that just because someone uses the selft title of Christian, you can't assume they believe the Bible. Usually it means nothing more than the fact they were born into a family who, at one time, might have been genuine Christian s several generations ago--but they, themselves, disagree with almost everything the bible actually teaches. Some of these people might not even know how far their views differ from scripture because they never stop to self analyze and reflect.

The Bible even talks about these pseudo-Christians and prophecies that they will increase in the last days--to the point where the vast majority of professing Christians are actually not genuine followers of Christ who believe Scripture.

That is Christianity (religion/faith/creationism) already - cherry picking to support your beliefs.

Your beliefs should be informed by fact, not illusion/delusion.

The Bible is not meant to be taken literally.

And no, it's not cherry picking.

The Bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs or other planets in the universe.

The Bible is not meant to be taken literal.

Define "literal".

The Bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs or other planets in the universe.

That's debatable. It mentions a creature named the Behemoth. It says this creature was among God's "first" creations. It says that its bones are like bronze rods and its tail is the length of cedar trees. (See Job 40:15-24.)

M, I'm just learning this fact. Christianity is a "culture" these days. Some could be in a backslidden state. In analyzing my own backslidden states, I did what I wanted for the most part. Even with knowing the truth concerning certain Biblical mandates there was a need to justify my actions, because I was in it and doing it. Denial at it's finest.

• Author

Because the people that wrote it didn't know about that then - just like the writers of the constitution couldn't know about automatic rifles!

M, I'm just learning this fact. Christianity is a "culture" these days. Some could be in a backslidden state. In analyzing my own backslidden states, I did what I wanted for the most part. Even with knowing the truth concerning certain Biblical mandates there was a need to justify my actions, because I was in it and doing it. Denial at it's finest.

I wouldn't even say it's a matter of being backsliders or not. Everybody sins. No exceptions. The problem is primarily DOCTRINE. False doctrine is what kills people. You can still be sinning, but if your DOCTRINE is correct and you are listening to the Holy Spirit, you WILL repent and come out of it and you WILL adhere to Christ.

But these days the doctrine in church is so screwed up. That's my main beef. Even an honest non-Christian can look at half the pastors (primarily TV pastors) and recognize their messages totally contradict scripture.

My sister was for formerly an atheist. As an atheist, she recognized the contradictions between what's taught in church and what's written in bible. (Again, I'm not talking about sin or human mistakes. I'm talking purely DOCTRINE.)

• Author
You are missing the point.

Christian Joe says he has the answer...

You say you have the answer...

Christian Bob says he has the answer…

Point is, you are all wrong!

maiden of rohan

Is evolution v creationism still a debate?

Accept it and move on. I hate the fact that reputable scientists are having to waste their time debating a non-debate. I'm talking about Bill Nye wasting his time, in case anyone wondered.

• Like 3

But who is to say that God didn't guide the development of the universe and life on Earth as it happened?

Who is to say it wasn't Superman? Or Gandalf?

That something is somehow possible doesn't make it a sensible claim, let alone likely. Even if the claim was made a few thousand years back. On any other subject we become more skeptical towards sources the older they are. We reject stone age medicine, we reject stone age astronomy. We reject stone age family management and we reject stone age legal practises.

Why should we not reject stone age claims on the birth of the universe and on morals, especially as we find those stone age sources to be very inconsistent with modern day observations?

• Like 1
I love when religious people attack each other. Not enough popcorn in the world.

Who is attacking who? I haven't seen any ad hominems so far in this thread. Did I miss them?

Is evolution v creationism still a debate?

Accept it and move on. I hate the fact that reputable scientists are having to waste their time debating a non-debate. I'm talking about Bill Nye wasting his time, in case anyone wondered.

Reputable scientists have widely-varying theories. Don't jump the gun and claim they all believe evolution. Are you aware that a large movement among "reputable scientists" are beginning to believe that life was seeded and genetically engineered on earth by extraterrestrial beings? (Alan Watson, discoverer of DNA was among them.) Where would you classify this theory along the spectrum? Evolution? Creation? Hmm...

maiden of rohan
Reputable scientists have widely-varying theories. Don't jump the gun and claim they all believe evolution. Are you aware that a large movement among "reputable scientists" are beginning to believe that life was seeded and genetically engineered on earth by extraterrestrial beings? (Alan Watson, discoverer of DNA was among them.) Where would you classify this theory along the spectrum? Evolution? Creation? Hmm...

Newsflash: smart people can have dumb and unfounded ideas too.

Newsflash: smart people can have dumb and unfounded ideas too.

So when Alan Watson discovered the double-helix strands of DNA and claimed that "aliens" made it and planted it here, he was making a dumb and unfounded idea?