"A Girl's Message to Christians"

BetheButterfly

I watched this youtube video today and love the message from this sister in Christ!!!

It is so true and really touched my heart. It is so easy for me to become argumentative with people who believe/think differently than me, and I'm sorry about that. :( I need to grow in my love for others, following Jesus' teachings!!!

What do you think of this youtube? Thanks!

A girl's message to all Christians - YouTube

Edited by BetheButterfly
Sorry, the title should be "A girl's message to all Christians"
  • Like 3
I watched this youtube video today and love the message from this sister in Christ!!!

It is so true and really touched my heart. It is so easy for me to become argumentative with people who believe/think differently than me, and I'm sorry about that. :( I need to grow in my love for others, following Jesus' teachings!!!

What do you think of this youtube? Thanks!

A girl's message to all Christians - YouTube

I like it. I think we have to have more patience...

This is an interesting old Rabbinic tale...

"Once a stranger came into Abraham's camp. Abraham showed the man the customary hospitality and fed him and provided a tent for him to sleep in for the evening. After dinner, the stranger retired to his tent and took out his idols to worship before he went to bed. A servant walked by the tent and saw the man worshiping the idols and reported this to Abraham. Enraged, Abraham had the man taken from the tent, beaten and thrown into the outer darkness. God saw what Abraham had done and told Abraham, "Go get the man, bind his wounds, and let him stay the night in the tent you provided. I have put up with this man for 60 years, can you not put up with him for one night?"

As Christians, we need to remember we are just messengers. When we deliver the message and it is not received, it is not we that are being rejected, it is Christ that is being rejected.

Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah; and they said to him, “Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations.” But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, “Give us a king to judge us.” And Samuel prayed to the Lord. The Lord said to Samuel, “Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them. Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day—in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods—so they are doing to you also. Now then, listen to their voice; however, you shall solemnly warn them and tell them of the procedure of the king who will reign over them.”

Very easy for us to take it personally. One thing I really pray about is to know when enough is enough. It's very important for us to make sure we are giving them the word God wants us to give, and not getting our egos mixed into the discussion. When that happens, Christ cannot work; now we are doing the work. :)

• Like 2
As long as we don't water down and compromise God's Word, I'm all in favor of patience.

I agree. In fact 99% of the time scripture is rejected when it is presented to non-believers is b/c its not watered down.

It's when you give truth from the bible, which inherently contradicts all other philosophies and man's carnal nature, that's you will get the rejection :laugh: As Christians, we can't take that personally. We're just the messengers :)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing this video, it had a great message, and I agree, lots of Christians seem to have forgotten how to love.

However I wish that she would have pointed out that yes, we can't change people, that is not our job. However, Jesus CAN. Our job is to share what we know, but love everyone regardless of whether or not they accept what we have to say. Again, WE can not change someones heart, that is between them and God. But we can plant the seed...

• Like 1