I recently broke up with my girlfriend over religion. She says that it would be too hard to date when i dont "love god" as much as she does. She wants to stop smoking drinking and having sex, but i know she'll hook up as soon as it's convenient. I really want her back, but know nothing about her religion, she's a christadelphian. Any advice PLEEEEEEEZ let me know

HokeyReligions

http://www.christadelphian.com/

I don't know anything about that religious practice, but I copied their link above so you can learn more.

All I can say about anyone who changes their life because of a religious belief is that there is nothing an "outsider" can do to change their minds or hearts and that religion is very personal. If she chooses to pursue this then let her go.

sounds like an excuse she found to just up and dump you. I'm not dissing her faith-belief, mind you, just saying that sometimes it can be a pretty handy "tool" to dump someone. Sort of like saying, "it's not you, it's me, therefore I must break up with you." Nebulous, but how can you refute something that ... out there?

a lot of the people I've encountered who are truly faith-filled don't mind letting God use them as an instrument of reconciliation. Hence my thoughts that she's using her faith as an excuse to dump you.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt that she's just looking for an excuse to dump him. In order for a couple to get along well they have to have as much in common as possible. If somethings really important to someone, they're going to want the other person to be interested in that too.

• 5 weeks later...

Well i dont really know much about that religon, but you should find out more about it, and then confront her about getting back together and disscus what you feel. Thats all I can say. Good luck! :)

*Lily*

:bunny: