BF and possible depression??

I am really worried about the guy I have been dating for seven months. Things have been great....until now. After a great weekend away he suddenly has diappeared - not physically but in every other way. I'm really very scared for him and I don't know what my next move should be.

After returning from our weekend we both went home, (Ilive alone, he still lives with his parents) we talked later that night and everything was fine. Then the next day it was like I woke up in an altered reality. When he talks to me his voice in monotone, expressionless and sad - he has not left his bed in a week - except when I practically forced him to meet me for coffee. He says that he doesn't know what he thinks or feels - so I'm left here in limbo.

When we did meet for coffee he just wasn't there and when I (in exasperation, frusteration and just plain confusion) made him tell me to my face that it was over he started to cry and ran out!! This is not at all the man that I know and I am so frightened. I don't think that he really wants it to be over - but really at this point that is the least of my concerns. I mean sure I love him and I want to be with him but most important to me is his well being and happiness.

I should tell you that it isn't just me that he is excluding from his life right now - its' everyone - his friends, his family.....

Is this depression? What can I do to fix it and make it better?

Help!!

Nothing you can do to fix it but by all means encourage him to see a physician. A depression that comes on that quickly can have any number of causes and if he doesn't know whether or not he has a condition of some sort, he needs to get checked out.

He sounds like he needs some professional help and the sooner the better. If he won't listen to you maybe you can get through to one of his friends that he has not yet shut out of his life and they can convince him to get some help.

Something's up. I wonder if the weekend away triggered some past issue that has now come to light for healing in the form of this debilitating depression. It does sound like depression, though technically, it has to go on for at least two weeks to qualify.

Do you know his parents/siblings well enough to talk to them? Was there sexual abuse in his past? Are Mom and Dad manipulating him to stay at home with them, and he doesn't know how to break free?

He needs to see a dr. and probably a therapist if he can't get out of bed.