If my mom was still alive.

I know if my mom had been around all these years that her strength would have been lent to me. I know she would not have let me suffer the way the world has. She would not have wanted me or let me associate with the people (men, mostly) who have besieged my life in the past since she has been gone. I just had no way of knowing any better since I was born different. Thinking of her now gives me the strength I need to not be ashamed of my autism, to not be not proud of who I am, to speak the truth of who I am and how I feel. She would be sad to know what people have done to me and how badly they have used me and disregarded my sons life and my life. I am done believing the awful things people said I deserved. It's them, she would have said. And she would have made sure they never did it to us again. I needed her protection, but her memory gives me strength. Thank you momma, for loving me.

Good for you. I'm glad you are finding ways to become stronger having overcome the adversities you faced.