I become a much better version of myself post breakup

Hey guys,

So, my first ever breakup with my GF of 5 years was a misery, worst time of my life, but man the transformation i went through, i was a skinny little shy boy with zero confidence. 6 months post breakup i packed on 10kgs of pure muscle and my confidence went through the roof.

Second GF same thing, i got comfortable and lost all my muscle, but when we broke up this one hit pretty hard just like my first however considerably less time together (1 1/2 year), during the relationship i went back to being pretty skinny (i was a big dude when we met), i had a pretty unhealthy sleeping pattern and not much desire to get out and do things during the last few weeks, i suppose thats one reason she wanted to end things. Now im waking up early, going sleep early, when i wake up the first thing i want to do is go for a walk and listen to music, im eating so much better and training hard, im focusing hard on my passions, career and hobbys. I think this is a defence mechanism, especially as i feel my ex left me for someone else i now want to become the best version of myself so that she regrets her decision, i get it might be a bit of a dick move doing this to try make my ex regret their decision, but honestly its so good for me, that mindset makes me so driven and happy.

First ex it worked a treat she came running back, i gave it a second shot but i had moved on mentally and it didnt work out. Second GF we only broke up not so long ago so waiting to see, however she pretty much left me and went straight to another guy so that drives me even more to succeed, i highly doubt ill want to get back with her, but i like this mentality as it really helps me get my life together and on a great track. I feel like breakups, as heartbreaking as they are push me forward so far in my life and force me to excel. My first ex pretty much went straight to another guy when we broke up also, i genuinely believe when girls do this it helps the guy (if he wants to win her back) so much more, as the relo seems to mask and then amplify feelings for the ex after the honeymoon period. Thats just my opinion though.

I try to help friends adopt this mentality during their tough times.

Edited by mcfcjay
amaysngrace

Bad relationships stink. A partner is suppose to add to your well-being, not deprive you of one.

You're the common denominator in both so maybe you should evaluate the similarities between them a bit to find out what negative characteristics they both share that drew you to them in the first place.

That will be a red flag to make healthier choices in a woman in the future.

• Author

Yeah they are, i don't really think my relationships were bad, i was still goal driven, but i sort of get comfortable and stop working out religiously, my passions are still my focus and my recent ex helped me along the road with any passions i had, just when we break up my passion to be successful amplifies, my passion for working out amplifies, i guess its an ego thing, my ego gets so badly bruised when they leave me and get with someone else that i have to become the best version of myself so they regret their decision.

amaysngrace

Well maybe if you kept the best version of yourself all along they wouldn't have left in the first place. Just a thought...