How to recover self esteem after bad breakup/abusive interaction

You have to understand that there are different types of people who operate on different levels and live different realities. Just open your eyes, and pay close attention and try and keep short contact with people who feed off negativity and hate and violence. And don't forget: don't judge a book by it's cover.

• Like 1
  • Author
You have to understand that there are different types of people who operate on different levels and live different realities. Just open your eyes, and pay close attention and try and keep short contact with people who feed off negativity and hate and violence. And don't forget: don't judge a book by it's cover.

Yes, that's right. People live in different realities. I have never had a relationship before, but I wonder...how can we connect two different realities? Im so afraid to be in a relationship because I will not be able to get out of my head!

Here's my advice. I'm not so good at taking it.

- Remember what really matters is YOU. What hurts you? What are your values and morals? What makes you happy? What makes you sad, insecure, angry? If people make you feel bad, they are probably not good for you to be around. If people make you feel good, value these people.

- You do not need to be around people who harm/hurt you emotionally and mentally. Protect yourself.

- Always work on your self-esteem. There are different ways to do this. It will involve breaking out of your comfort zone. Meditate, try yoga, sports, travel, go on holiday, leave your job, move to a new city, chant, go to therapy. It's different for each person.

- Monitor your mental/emotional life.

• Like 1

Read this book.

The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem: The Definitive Work on Self-Esteem by the Leading Pioneer in the Field: Nathaniel Branden: 9780553374391: Amazon.com: Books

Nathaniel Branden used to work with Ayn Rand (author of The Fountainhead, yet another life-changing book you should add to your list).

I swear this book needs to be required reading in schools.

• Like 1