Getting back on track need tips for school

Im 23 and i am lost. i am about a semester and half away from an associates degree. I was doing well in college right out of highschool then stopped going. I got kicked out of my local Community College for academic probation (yes its possible ot kicked out of CC for grades). Now ive decided to go back. Im enrolled in 2 night classes in the next county overs Community college.

My big problem was a mixture of add like symptoms and procrastination. I refuse to be put on add meds too many negative side effects. Does anyone have a good legal way to keep mind on school?

Take three things that you absolutely want in this life. Perhaps a nice new house, a brand new BMW or a bank account with 100k in it. Before you go to bed each night take these three items out of your future box and look at them, touch them and envision yourself with the items you want. Do this repeatedly each night before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning. Doing this habitually will improve your actions to graduate school and help you subconsciously open new doors and income. Apart from that drink lots of coffee!

• Like 1

I'm a college administrator at a large Community College.

Best advice: get yourself connected to an academic advisor immediately and share your diagnosis if you haven't already.

Then be sure to share this information with your faculty members, as well. Believe it or not, faculty love students who communicate with them regarding life's hardships and disabilities; especially at the CC level.

Get yourself surrounded with as much support the school has to offer, use their resources. There's usually a student disabilities resources center on campus as well.

Best academic experience I had was at the CC, which is why I went back to work there.

Good luck.

Edited by Rainbowlove
  • Like 2

Ask yourself if this is a major you really want and enjoy and just keep reminding yourself that you are very close to finishing your degree and also plan a nice reward for yourself, whether it is a new tablet, a weekend getaway to somewhere you've been wanting to go for a while or etc.

Thegreatestthing

Look many people don't suit formal schooling,it's very orderly,left brained,structured,strategic,regimented etc it doesn't make you add simply because you're not those things.