Mouse is broken need some basic function keys explanations...

OK.. this is going under Health and personal wellbeing because if i dont get some help with working my computer without a mouse I will surely end up ripping my hair out and go crazy..... All i wanna know is some basic functions.... I have AOL for a browser so if anyone can give me some tips. So far I do know that alt and f4 close the browser, tab is like my curser as well as the arrow buttons, etc..... i dont know how to use my keys for example highlighting, minimizing etc..... anyone have an suggestions?

anyone have an suggestions?

Mice are cheap. Can't you just buy a new one? Or maybe clean the old one (don't know what's wrong with it but sometimes they stop rolling if there is too much gunk built up in the wheel housing)?

Highlighting is CTRL/B (on Windows, at any rate). Maybe if you just try different F keys and CTRL combinations you will find what you need.

Oh, this isn't helping, is it? Sorry!!!!!!

I'm sure you already know that ALT+TAB will switch you back and forth bewteen your open windows.

SHIFT+TAB will move your cursor to another field. Like if you are on a form.

CTRL+TAB can move your cursor to the address field.

But I would also suggest going out and buying a new mouse, because before you know it you will be bald, and I don't think you would look as good like that!

• Author

LMAO CDN!!!!!!!!! I know, im going to be getting a mouse this evening, but for now until then.... :p thanks tho girly!!!! I appreciate it.... every bit helps....

helpinghand.... thanks my biggest piss off was figuring out how to get to the address bar..... thank you. now that one has been solved...... and yeh i wouldnt really look good bald, the sinead oconnor hairdo is not my bag baby!!! lol

thanks guys.....

Yeah LFW, you can get a mouse for as low as 99 cents. DAMMIT WOMAN....go to the store! I keep a cheapee keyboard and mouse in an extra drawer just in case something screws up on one of our better ones.

I've been in your position.

I don't know keyboard manual commands. I even checked the net to see if I could find you a website.

SORRY! :(

• Author

well i can get by with what i have...... ill have to head to wally world and get one.... until then..... lolololol.... man i can make a damn wig with whats laying on the floor so far...... thanks so much guys.... i think this has helped so much so far

I know this post is outdated, but:

Alt+F4 closes the window that is selected, and Tab will take you through the thread to select something, and enter selects.

LOL Lost I hope you have your mouse by now. It was really funny the way you were dying to have your say the other day but couldn't due to lack of mouse so were bursting at the seams when you finally spat it out. Hope you didn't indulge too much in the soft toy section when you were shopping.

• Author

thanks guys.... you guys came in sooooo handy..... thank you so much..... i appreciate it.... and yes I finally bought that mouse meanon.... as well as a spare arabess....lmao man oh man... that was rough.... felt like i was duct taped shut yesterday.... lmao!!!