depressed because i hate my job, or hate my job because i'm depressed

griffinchicken53

Maybe this is more of a rant, but i'm at a dead end job, as i'm sure many of you know is difficult to find a good one right now.

I know this sounds bad, I know there are people who have it worse than me, but i dread waking up every day, I'm really unhappy with my life.

I honestly think, that if i knew this was what i had to look forward to for the next 40 or 50 years i would probably want to kill myself.

So I ask this question. Do alot of people at dead end jobs feel the same? I hate to think there could be so many unhappy people in the world. I would assume there are people with crappy jobs who are the happiest in the world, and then people in great paying jobs are in the same boat as me.

I had to finally take a crappy job last year because I really needed health insurance and a steady income. At least I've been able to take care of some medical and dental problems finally, but I am starting to look around for a better job. I'd like to buy a car by the end of the year. We are luckier than most these days -- a crappy job is better than no job and many people think we are lucky.

It seems that some people find that even a crappy job makes them feel more happier in life than no job at all, bizarrely.

And just because some people have it worse that you, doesn't mean you don't have the right to complain if something is making you feel unhappy in life. I've never understood the sense in that.

Edited by Ross MwcFan
Ross, have you joined the Army and been deployed to Afghanistan (new avatar pic)?

Lol, nope, I'd never join the army.

It's a pic from IRT: Deadliest Roads, the truckers on the TV show inspire me.

• Author
griffinchicken53

I know people who have kids and 60 grand in student loans and can't find a job. I blame the internet, it has become so impersonal that how far your emailed resume gets is based on a software program looking for certain words.

I just don't feel like myself anymore. Last time i felt what i'd call normal was at the holidays, when i actually had time to catch up on sleep.

Maybe this is more of a rant, but i'm at a dead end job, as i'm sure many of you know is difficult to find a good one right now.

I know this sounds bad, I know there are people who have it worse than me, but i dread waking up every day, I'm really unhappy with my life.

I honestly think, that if i knew this was what i had to look forward to for the next 40 or 50 years i would probably want to kill myself.

So I ask this question. Do alot of people at dead end jobs feel the same? I hate to think there could be so many unhappy people in the world. I would assume there are people with crappy jobs who are the happiest in the world, and then people in great paying jobs are in the same boat as me.

I am not working now, but know exactly what you mean. The last job I had, you got into trouble unless you knew how to kiss butt. No one liked working there and people at other offices within the company wondered why our location kept getting consistently negative reviews from employee surveys. And you are right, there are people who make good money who are in the same boat as you. Despite making good money, I decided to leave that job, for a variety of reasons. Of course one of the really good reasons is that management was driving me to the brink of insanity (I also had issues from home at the time that were taking its toll on me). Since I didn't know how to kiss butt as well, management took the liberty of blaming its problems on me, hence they wrote me up and it looked like I was bound to be terminated, so I just quit. I took some time to decompress, and am now tackling some personal issues before pursuing my next job.

Just thought I would mention this so you wouldn't feel as alone. :)