Stress management: Coping w/ work stress at home

Any pointers on stress management? I handle stress while at work fine, it's the being-away-from-work- w/-piled-up-projects-stress gnawing away at me. I'm working so much time on weekends and into the evenings...I had taken weekends off in an effort by my ex to convince me that 2 free days a week would reduce the stress- all it has actually done is cause more by building it up.

Short of seeking other employment, I think I could be more focused and well-rested if I could let it go once I got home. I've joined a gym w/ a pool and swimming is helping to relax, but it's still there. Any pointers?

All sorts of things. You can buy relaxation CDs or tapes or just listen to soothing music. You can try meditation or Tai Chi. But it sounds like what you really need to do is get an assistant or change jobs.

I get rid of all my stress watching the Anna Nicole Show. It gets rid of every thought I could possibly have. You can watch without thinking at all. If you can get her attitude, you can go through your entire life without thinking.

Nothing gets you through life like a good sense of humor. On your deathbed, when you have minutes to live, the crap you were doing at work years before will be the farthest thing from your mind.

Originally posted by Tony

I get rid of all my stress watching the Anna Nicole Show. It gets rid of every thought I could possibly have. You can watch without thinking at all. If you can get her attitude, you can go through your entire life without thinking.

Nothing gets you through life like a good sense of humor. On your deathbed, when you have minutes to live, the crap you were doing at work years before will be the farthest thing from your mind.

You know Anna is quite a good artist. She had made some good paintings.

She is a flake though.