" with my life"

beautifulearth83

I put this in quotes because I think it's a dumb thing to say. This IS life and we are all here, so what more could we ask for?

I'm asking this because my life has gotten quite complicated, when I feel that it should be rather simple. I find myself remember the good days when all there was were my friends down the street, my family and the various wholesome things we would do together. Now it is all work, relationships, facebook etc.

I've lived in quite a few places in my 20's. I am now 27. I have "tried" my career multiple times and I have tried other things. I just don't know where I fit in, where the universe needs me. Once could easily say that the universe needs me where I am right now, which I believe to be true, but I can't say that it feels right all the time. I'm torn between my dreams which I have a huge yearning for and living a more normal life where I just follow along with what I've been given, settle and deal with the wrath of what I've sown throughout my mistakes. There has to be a balance and I know it won't be easy to achieve, I just want to know what the next step is.

It's sad to think that most of what I'm going through comes down to the fact that we need money and health insurance and such things. I'd like to be able to fulfill my dreams while traveling and seeing loved ones and supplementing practical matters at the same time. I have too much to offer others and too much that I wish to give to myself to sit around and waste away in this life in front of a computer screen doing work that I don't care about. I often think about that magical career that I need to find where I can do these things.

I don't know. I'm not really sure what it is that I'm looking for here. All of this has just been weighing so much on my mind. I feel so much nostalgia and purpose and I have no idea what to do with it or how. Sometimes I just feel like getting in my car and going. But what would that solve? I don't want to become a bum on the street. Anyway. Thanks for listening and I appreciate anybody who can resonate with this.

Is this it? Is this all there is? Is this all there's going to be? I wasn't destined for this. There has to be more. Where did all the fun go? I remember when dreams were in the future, not the past. Wouldn't it be nice to have a boat and just sail away....

Welcome to the grind, the machine.

What's your dream Beautiful? How likely is it you can make that dream come true? How hard are you prepared to work?

hellhathnofury
The title was suppose to be "What to do with my life"...I don't why it shortened it

The site seems deliberately set to automatically delete words asking for direct help or assistance in thread titles, I'm guessing that it's because none of the help given on here is qualified or professional, so members can't be seen to be offering help - nor asking for it.

At least, that's what I have figured out by reading some pretty weird thread titles - which suddenly made sense when you mentally insert words like "help" assistance" and the like.

As to your question, I have spent my life drifting. There's nothing wrong with drifting, but I have found the way to drift with purpose, is to do so Mindfully.