Struggling on this....

At the ripe age of (past 40)...I have learned to speak my mind and do so with regard for the other persons' view.

I recently was challenged with the concept of the following statement:

"No one has the right to judge another".

I am a firm believer that we judge people/behaviors and opinions each day. IT aides in knowing who is safe, whos behavior is safe or maybe harmfull, and who or what situation may be acceptable to be apart of.

I even so much as judge my friends in the sense that I know they are "honest", or "trustworthy" , Dependable ..and yes even some of my social friends I wouldn't let near my family pet...I know their public opinion of animals and the folks who walk them...Yet be that as it may, am I wrong to not follow my friends purist attitude that we are not to judge. How else do we make good and safe decisions if we dont use good judgment and instincts about behaviors....That is my struggle to come to terms with I suppose.. Would any of you agree or disagree with judging...if so why or why not?

Not the love ace

I think judging is a natural thing, we judge everyday the simplest of things by nature. However I feel there's different degrees/dimensions/extremes (for lack of better words) of passing judgment. We just have to choose our words wisely and look at ourselves before we do so because in the end, we all poop the same (well, at least most of us).

Sorry for the simple answer but I suck at trying to sound smart. Hahaha

• Author

I appreciate your individual answers on this matter!

Amen to the poster who said we do judge...Some folks automatically ASSUME its about the person (which we do judge behaviors and antics I don't care who ya are! Otherwise you wouldn' have survived this long in life...you had to use some common sense and caution to get where you are),

Being judgmental is not the struggle I have...its about using good JUDME"MENT" in assessing situations and people...and to do so we need to have some level headed and realistic idea of the situation we are being confronted by...if the person is mentally unstable we need to adjust ourselves...and change course sometimes....