New job, new problems...

I recently have gone through a lot of changes in my life. I have prolonged my college career due to me changing jobs and hours of work. I have been in training at my new job for over a month now. I am now in my permanent position and am unsure about how things will go with the job.

I wanted to get a new job until I graduated from college in hopes that I will gain new experiences and perhaps grow with the company. I was lucky to get hours around the classes that I am required to take, but these hours are in late afternoon and evening, which I have never worked before. This is all such a new transition for me, since the training hours were during the day and early evening.

Upon leaving training and being 'on my own', I have come to realize that I do not care for the job that I have taken. When in training I really enjoyed the material and the company. It really did not become clear to me how emotionally demanding it would be. Everyone I talk with says that it isn't too late to find something new, but I fear that it is and I will have to deal with being unhappy at work and losing my social life on top of it. Plus, there aren't too many jobs, except those in dead-end positions such as waitressing, that would allow me to work around my morning classes.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever felt like they have been painted into a corner like this. It was my decision, but now I feel I have done the wrong thing. Any advice on how to cope or perhaps gain a better attitude? Thanks....

I think when you consider the many millions of people who are unemployed and on the verge of starvation and bankruptcy in the United States, you will feel a lot better about your job. There are times in life when we can't feel as comfortable as we would like to feel. I think this is an outstanding opportunity for you to learn this and to be industrious enough to make the best out of a situation millions of other people would consider "heaven."

Welcome to the REAL world!!!