Competitive Spirit

I'm interested to know people opinions on people who have a competitive spirit. I tend to encounter more often than I would like women who tell me 'your so competitive' as if that is an unattractive trait, and I personally find it a total misunderstanding. While I love to compete, its just something that I feel and enjoy at the moment 'it's on' and I don't care who wins or loses at the end of the day as long as I do my best. It's something that moves me and is a spice to my life. I always cheer on others and am never loud or overbearing.

I was also thinking of the tennis player Lleyton Hewitt who is generally disliked, even by the Australian public, despite the fact he shows the intensity and focus needed to become the best in the world.

Is having a bit of competitive intensity really unattractive?

Oliver

YOU ASK: "Is having a bit of competitive intensity really unattractive?"

To lazy, unambitious people it may not be an attractive trait to have because being around someone like that makes them look bad. But, as long as the tendency is kept in balance, I think it would seem a very positive thing to most people. Balance and perspective is the key.

I don't think this competitiveness ought to spill over into your personal life. However, generally in business, sports and whatever...ambition and competition is what makes the world a better place to live.

Next time you hear this, ask the person to explain exactly how they feel and why they have this impression of you. Their answers could be very enlightening and helpful to you.

Competition is always good in most things. Sometimes you have to hide that trait, particularly if you are part of a cooperative effort. And never appear to be in competition with someone you are dating.

It would seem to me that people would not pick this up about you unless you mentioned it a lot or appeared to be obsessed with it. Again, find out what gives!