Puzzled by convos with friend.

beautifulearth83

I've been feeling uneasy while talking to a certain friend and I'm trying to guage whether or not I'm looking at this falsely or not.

This may sound a little stupid. You be the judge.

Today I was talking to a friend online and I asked a question. It was "when you were younger, what did you always want to be when you grow up?". I already had in mind what i'd say which was "i always wanted to be a cartoonist." But I held the thought and he said that he wanted to direct a movie about G.I. Joes. I noticed that he was typing more and being the nice person I am I decided not to just go and say what I was thinking. He then sent a message that said "actually, as long as I could remember, I always wanted to be a cartoonist." I was blown away and said "me too!". He said "nice."

So this has happened a lot with him, where I felt I was going to say something, and he then pulls it right out of my head. It seems like there is some kind of merit for the person who says or claims it first. All I know is that I felt very regretful that I brought it up, and felt that it would have been best to keep my visions and thoughts to myself. Why do I feel this way?

Am I thinking obsessively or selfishly? I feel a lot of competition from the person and it makes me feel less unique.

Could I please get some perspective on this?

And as a bonus, what did everyone else imagine themselves being when they grew up?

Thank you.

If this were happening to me very often with a friend, I would be awestruck by how much we had in common. I don't get much satisfaction from being the leader, though. I'm much more of a follower. But I like to "follow" more in the middle of the pack, rather than in the rear.

I honestly don't remember wanting to be anything in particular other than a wealthy millionaire. That was back when "millionaire" packed more punch. Now it would be called a bazillionaire!

• Author
beautifulearth83
If this were happening to me very often with a friend, I would be awestruck by how much we had in common. I don't get much satisfaction from being the leader, though. I'm much more of a follower. But I like to "follow" more in the middle of the pack, rather than in the rear.

I honestly don't remember wanting to be anything in particular other than a wealthy millionaire. That was back when "millionaire" packed more punch. Now it would be called a bazillionaire!

I like your point of view and thanks for your reply. I'm a little confused as to why i feel this way often. I feel at a loss when I attempt to share something about myself. When I feel closer to finding myself and strengthening my visions, I open up and share them. Then I feel like I've put myself on the line. I just can't tell if it's real or not.