LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Wish Me Luck

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2018, 10:00 PM   #1
Established Member

Wish Me Luck

Can you all please send me some luck.

I have surgery this week to check for uterine cancer. My infertility/PCOS caused a build up of uneven lining despite getting regular periods and being on the pill for most of my life sine age 16.

PCOS can cause cancer, please never let anyone tell you it is a small issue. I am just lucky I have private health cover, or else I would never have had the option of finding out in time.

Fingers crossed it is all okay. IF it is ok, they are flushing my tubes and clearing everything out so that when I do try to conceive at the end of next year, things stand a high chance of working out...

Wish me luck please, just want good luck my way.
Leigh 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 4:29 AM   #2
Established Member

Good luck!
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 7:02 AM   #3
Established Member

Good Luck Leigh, heal fast....
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 7:30 AM   #4
Established Member

You're in my prayers Leigh.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 5:24 PM   #5
Established Member

Good luck Leigh!
mrs rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 6:08 PM   #6
Established Member

Best of luck Leigh. We're all behind you here.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 8:39 PM   #7
Established Member

Well, if you have a bunch of buildup that could prevent implantation even if the egg does get fertilized. Sounds like you're having a necessary procedure that will likely improve your chances of getting pregnant. Don't give up hope...miracles do happen! I hope everything goes well for you. Keep us posted...
Old 29th October 2018, 11:21 PM   #8
Established Member

Good luck Leigh!!! I have a strong gut feeling that this surgery will not only show NO signs of uterine cancer, but will also restore your fertility... You may get pregnant sooner than planned... Just a feeling but I have strong 6th sense
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 1:08 AM   #9
Established Member

Hi, thanks so much.

There were no pre cancer let alone cancer cells.

No endometriosis.

I have one blocked/screwed tube sadly and severe PCOS.

I have an abnormally high amount of immature follicles - from never ovulating at all. Hopefully my naturopath is helping fix that (I do get regular bleeds monthly with her treatments).

My egg reserve is also 9 times as high as even "high" for a normal woman - due to never releasing eggs whatsoever due to PCOS. The eggs that are left sitting around will be poor quality, so unless I start ovulating all the dud eggs out before I conceive, I will have repeat and recurrent losses...

I am recommended to do what is required to ovulate monthly to get rid of all the cr@p quality eggs.... for at least 2 years, before I try for a baby. As until I get rid of all those "old" immature follicles that have likely been floating around for years and years, any successful conception will end in pain.

Husband got me a medical device that is 99.9% accurate in picking up ovulation so I have just started using it, and will see if maybe I need to ad in acupuncture again to get my ovulating.

So while it is "good news" and I do not have pre cancer cells, I will need to wait 2 years minimum to sort out ovulation, so I will be 35 or 36 before I am able to get my first baby... More "good news"? Women with my rare atypical type PCOS (have skinny pcos - I get thin and stay thin easily) --- is that women like me tend to drop all the eggs at some stage via ovulation, mid to late 30s, and IF --- the woman has managed to get rid of old eggs via being proactive prior to this time, women like me almost always have later in life babies, close to age 40.

But unless I clear the eggs ASAP, prior to me suddenly ovulating naturally in my late 30s, they could collect even further and I would end up having 10 or even 20, losses in a row if I try to conceive repeatedly at that age, having done nothing to address my lack of ovulation from NOW ish....

So yay I am cancer free. Phew.

I guess I will go work and maybe get a second degree or travel for a few years while I re visit the having children thing. Podiatry was a mistake, I should have done occupational therapy anyway. At least I know what is going on and am doing something about it - getting myself to ovulate etc, well before I attempt the whole trying to conceive thing...

I imagine that it would be soul destroying to want a baby and aimlessly try for years, when they could have gotten to the root cause.

I did not want to be a late in life first time mum and I will not be wanting to have two children because of this, but at least I will still likely get a child, and am cancer free ! Plus now I can avoid TTC children anytime soon, focus on other things and avoid repeat losses, which I imagine would be pretty depressing...

I will also be needing to get scraped again via D and C regularly if I fail to ovulate, to prevent build up of the endometrial cells again....So maybe once a year surgery to take care of it.

You really need to advocate for yourself too. NO ONE would have told me what I know now. I would have likely gone on to develop uterine cancer, had I not chosen to act and just let the lining grow and grow and grow for years more...It took my second doctor to suggest acting on this...
Old 5th April 2019, 2:38 AM   #10
Established Member

Oh Leigh, what a journey you've been on. So glad that there's no cancer, but it's a bugger that it will be a couple of years before you can think about babies. Best of luck to you
Old 5th April 2019, 5:54 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Oh Leigh, what a journey you've been on. So glad that there's no cancer, but it's a bugger that it will be a couple of years before you can think about babies. Best of luck to you
Thanks Basil. I am so blessed to not have cancer, and to still have my ovaries and uterus - so many women even younger than me lose any hope at all of babies My heart really goes out to them all. I am thrilled that having kids is still even an option for me albeit, with treatment and good diet and lifestyle habits.

Waiting until I am late 30's is not that cruel of a blow considering there are women who have no hope at all I will be comfortable financially, done with University and will even likely get a second degree that is more in line with my passions as a disability care worker (Occupational therapy is more my thing rather than Podiatry)

I do think at about age 34, I will give treatment a little "go". It will be a case of " try to have a baby or get a second degree" type of situation....--- I may get lucky. But of course, we will both be prepared for repeat losses and will maybe give it two or three goes before I just accept it is not meant to be, and that I will need to indefinitely be a later in life first time mum

One thing I do have is the power to make my situation more promising: diet, lifestyle, ensuring I am ovulating those sh*tty eggs out regularly by using my medical device..... And in turn, I will be more likely to avoid costly treatment like IVF (which I am not personally a fan of wanting to ever try).

I used to obsess about when I would get to experience being a parent. I mean, way more awful people than myself get to pop out kids every day... Why not me? I wanted it more than anything. It is sort of a relief to know that it will not be happening anytime soon - to have a medical understanding and explanation of what is likely to happen.... and I can therefore move on with my life and hope to experience parenthood at a later date. Even if this is not want I "want" I like to believe it is for the best and I will enjoy it more when it happens later on.

After I found out I did not have cancer cells, I went into a bunch of forums just to read about younger women than me who did not get so lucky. I felt so awful. Many of those women who got unlucky always knew they wanted babies I feel so guilty knowing that I only recently 2 or so years ago, knew I needed to experience motherhood.
Old 5th April 2019, 7:45 AM   #12
Established Member

Good for you to have a solid plan. And for what it's worth, with the NDIS you'll never be out of work with allied health qualifications. Your path is solid.
Old 5th April 2019, 9:03 AM   #13
Established Member

that's great news Leigh
oceanblue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 5:44 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh 87 View Post
I am so blessed to not have cancer
That's the real takeaway, were the opposite true none of you other concerns would be relevant anyway.

Life's a journey and I'll bet there's still some pleasant surprises waiting for you along the way...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2019, 10:40 PM   #15
Established Member

That's decent news, Leigh. Just give it time, and things will turn in your favor. You're about the same age as me, and things turned a corner for me at 30. When I was younger, I had a doctor tell me that my ovaries were pretty much useless, and any eggs I had would be worthless for conceiving. They must have all dropped at some point, and now I've had one baby and I'm pregnant with twins.

Maybe you'll get lucky and suddenly start getting pregnant. It only takes one egg, after all, and if your cycle returns to normal you may drop more than one egg a month. Just keep having lots of sex. It seems to clean the system.
major_merrick is offline   Reply With Quote