How is your grip? Interesting new study

thefooloftheyear

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-grip-strength/strong-grip-may-predict-longer-life-at-all-ages-idUSKCN1IM1TA

This is something I have mentioned in the past...Not surprising at all to me...

Take a look...

“Grip strength showed a stronger association with cardiovascular disease than blood pressure and physical activity, which was a bit of a surprise,” Gray told Reuters Health by email. “It highlights nicely just how strong the association is.”

TFY

Interesting, but I’m not sure I totally buy it. I can see how lack of strength can be an indicator, but having strength could be deceptive.

So when people shake your hand like a dead fish that means they're going to die soon? Good to know.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
So when people shake your hand like a dead fish that means they're going to die soon? Good to know.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands/wrists and had surgery on my left ulnar nerve, so I don't know if this would be accurate for me since I also have a heart condition! My weak grip doesn't necessarily indicate a healthy heart in my case.

This is probably just a correlation. I have a strong grip because I used to deadlift a lot and I never used any gloves or straps to help me hold the bar. Not sure if that will help me live longer, but who knows!

either way the exercise can't hurt