Nothing clears the mind and body like physical activities...

Springsummer

I felt extremely unhappy and depressed and miserable because of work situation since yesterday. Today I also snapped at home.

I had to call for counseling and chat for 45 minutes

so, this evening I went swimming at the river under the sunset for 1-2 hours. I feel so much relaxed and things just don't bother me much like they were .

I feel it definitely work much better than counselling. I suppose swimming pool will work too, but not as good as under the caress of nature.

Nature is healing too. Like to swim toward the sunset and feel my own existence.

• Like 1

That sounds beautiful! I agree that physical activity as well as fresh air and real world/nature is essential. Getting back to basics and enjoying the simple things and forgetting about work for a while. Hope the situation is under control now.

I feel it definitely works much better than counselling.

Agree and it's one of the reasons I like sports and competition so much. Everything else melts away, it's like being in a bubble where only your efforts and focus matter. Very few things in life give us that degree of disconnect from the stress and pressures of the modern world.

Hard for me to understand how people that don't exercise keep from going crazy...

Mr. Lucky

• 2 weeks later...

Vigorous exercise releases natural endorphins that help combat depression, and other psychological disorders. :)

• Like 1

I try to follow a solid workout routine but there are certain times of year where that's impossible as I'm a teacher and a multiple sport coach. So, I just make sure I walk an hour per night when life get hectic. I feel so much better when I get those walks in..

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I totally agree. There’s nothing better than a good workout. The benefits it brings to your appearance, self esteem and overall wellness are amazing. Better than any counseling session I’ve ever had..